CRISTA Senior Living, a ministry of CRISTA has been a senior care provider for over 60 years. Located in Shoreline, CRISTA Senior Living offers is a full care retirement facility. Loving God by serving people is CRISTA's mission and we are looking for energetic and dynamic candidates who have a passion for seniors to serve. The Cafe worker provides assistance to facility residents with their dining needs in accordance with CRISTA’s established policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
- Prepare food according to KCHD food safety requirements using Panini grill, toaster oven, microwave, etc. Maintain proper food handling practices and workplace safety at all times.
- Prepare coffee drinks - hot and cold, using a coffee grinder, espresso machine, etc.
- Serve food to seniors, guests and staff.
- Handle cash and cash register/POS. Provide reconciling sales and production records reports daily.
- Maintain clean work area by emptying trash, washing tables, sweeping and mopping floors, loading and unloading the dishwasher, cleaning equipment, etc. Maintain inventory and restock items as needed
- Perform opening and closing duties such as turning on/off machines, reviewing/submitting daily journal notes, reconciling, etc. and securing the area by turning off and locking equipment and doors, etc.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, staff and residents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Qualifications: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
- Christian Commitment: Mature Christian that demonstrates a Christ honoring life/testimony.
- Education: High School Graduate/GED.
- Experience: 1 year+ Barista, deli/café, retail or cashiering experience.
- Licensure/Certification: Washington State Food Handlers Permit.
- Software and Equipment Used: Touch screen POS cash register, espresso machine, coffee grinder, Panini grill, toaster oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigeration equipment including ice machine.
- Other Considerations:
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Serve and interact with a wide variety of people, especially seniors appropriately.
- Able to multi-task and determine priorities.
- Energetic, self-starter, and able to work independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, staff and residents.
Preferred Qualifications: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
- Education: Some college (currently attending or Associates Degree)
- Experience: 2+ years as Barista
- Software and Equipment Used: Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Other Considerations:
- Leadership knowledge.
- Willing to take training as needed.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently over the phone knowledge of marketing or promotion strategies
Please apply at the following URL: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRISTA&cws=41&rid=1734
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Lead Food Service SpecialistCityteam
- Felton, California
- October 10
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4
Kitchen Manager/Cook-with a heart for servingHope House, Inc.
- Marsing, Idaho
- September 24
Food Service DirectorCamp Eagle, Inc.
- GLORIETA, New Mexico
- August 5
A Christian organization composed of 9 ministries (Radio Broadcast, Senior Community, Women's Ministries, King's Schools, Miracle Ranch and Island Lake Camps, World Concern, Intercristo, and Seattle Urban Academy) operating on 6 locations in Washington state and field locations around the world. Please visit www.crista.org/hr for applications and process.More...