Serge is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) mission-sending agency dedicated to sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ and bringing positive transformation to communities worldwide. We are seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join the Executive Leadership Team and
provide expert financial analysis and strategic guidance in keeping pace with organizational growth.
She/he will consult and advise on all aspects of financial administration, strategic planning, and budget management; oversee Finance, HR, and IT; and work closely with the Board of Directors as a member of the Finance Committee to inform, advise, and ensure
financial credibility. Position is full-time, allows for flexible scheduling, and includes comprehensive benefits. A portion of support-raising is required to offset compensation. If you have the expertise required for this key role and a desire to work in
a dynamic, gospel-centered mission agency, we invite you to apply!
- As an Executive Leadership Team member, provide strategic recommendations based on financial analysis/projections, cost identification/allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Align sound financial management with development planning and fund-raising projects.
- Achieve successful financial performance by developing objectives and relevant metrics, analyzing results and trends, and providing budget variance feedback.
- Drive and maintain financial accountability throughout the organization, managing rolling forecasts and multi-year operating and capital budgets.
- Provide timely reporting to summarize and forecast financial activity and position in areas of income, expenses, and cash-flow based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Oversee Finance Team including establishing effective, trusted partnership with the Finance Leader/Controller as a key operational relationship.
- Oversee Human Resources to ensure the support and care of our most valuable resources.
- Oversee Information Technology to ensure a secure technology infrastructure and systems that support the Serge team and our worldwide resources.
- Commitment to Jesus Christ and dedicated to the global expansion of His Kingdom.
- Willingness to raise financial support to offset a portion of compensation.
- Ability to provide strategic vision with sound technical skills, expert business acumen, analytical competence, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
- Minimum three to five years of successful CFO experience with BS and CPA; MBA is a plus.
- Effective communicator with solid oral/written skills: ability to guide, relate, and communicate at all organizational levels and to clearly explain and present financial matters and data.
- Evidence of a successful, proactive, trustworthy working relationship with a CEO or Executive Director. Effective nonprofit board experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence and extensive experience in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting, preferably in the non-profit world.
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirement to Anita Wessner at HR@serge.org. For more information about our mission agency, visit www.serge.org.