LEARNING CENTER COORDINATOR
Job Title: Learning Center Coordinator
Area/Location: San Jose, CA
Reports to: Dean of Instruction
Subordinates: Volunteers, Interns, and Residents
Date Submitted for Revision: 9.28.16
Job Description Approved: 9.28.16
Classification: Coordinator 30-hours a week
Salary: Range starts at $17-hour DOE
Do you have a heart for serving God? Do you have the fundamental belief that each and every person can learn and that God has good plans for them? Do you come from the field of education? Do you get joy working with those in need? If so, you may be the right
person for the new Learning Center Coordinator. The Learning Center Coordinator wears many hats, including teacher, facilitator, mentor, guidance counselor, community liaison, and spiritual sounding board. The ideal candidate would be familiar with recovery
The Learning Center Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and overseeing classroom plans and procedures, scheduling volunteers, and assessing and instructing students. The Learning Center Coordinator will develop efforts to procure funds and materials
for the classroom, as well as liaison between the classroom and program staff. This is a 30-hour a week non-exempt position.
- Supervise students
- Hold students accountable for appropriate behavior and model Christ-like behavior through your actions and words.
- Interview and assess students to create Individualized Learning Plans.
- Provide instruction and materials best suited to meet students' needs based on their Individualized Learning Plans.
- Prepare students to take the high school equivalency exam, if applicable.
- Be informed and able to advise students about their academics, as they relate to their employment goals.
- Use appropriate teaching styles and methods to accommodate working with individuals and small or large groups.
- Conduct group instruction based on the Core Competencies of the Learning Center.
- Maintain materials as needed for class use.
- Remain current in field of adult education.
- Maintain all related files and paperwork.
- Volunteer Coordination
- Schedule, train, coach, and supervise volunteers.
- Recruit and cultivate relationships with local businesses to generate employment and internship opportunities for students.
- Work in partnership with the Career Specialist to best meet each student’s needs.
- Work in cooperation with the Volunteer Program Supervisor to fill volunteer needs at the Learning Center.
- Work with the Development Team to write grants to help underwrite the ongoing expenses of the Learning Center, including materials for student use, paid aides, funding for training of personnel, and computer related expenses (software, updating hardware,
and incorporation of further assessment tools).
- Attend pertinent meetings.
- Provide progress reports and work with the Recovery Staff to best support each student.
- Complete other duties and special projects as assigned by the Dean of Instruction.
- Enlist and maintain private donors to help fund the Learning Center.
- Seek support from churches, community groups, businesses, and other organizations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a personal donor cultivation and missionary support program in accordance with a plan established annually with the Dean of Instruction.
- Participate in staff performance evaluations in a timely manner as requested by the Human Resources Department.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local body of believers.
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Must be able to take direction.
- Must be an initiator who can work under deadlines.
- Must be willing to work with all personality types, both under pressure and in difficult situations.
- Must have adequate knowledge of adult education and resources such as online curriculum and high school equivalency exams.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
- Prior experience providing instruction to adults preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of education preferred.