Job Title: Maintenance Worker
Area/Location: Camp MayMac
Reports To: Camp Operations Manager
Date Submitted for Revision: 10.19.16
Job Description Approved:10.19.16
Classification: General Staff
Salary: Range starts at $16 hour/DOE
Cityteam is currently looking for a part-time Maintenance Worker to work at our Camp MayMac facility in the Santa Cruz Mountains. The ability to complete responsibilities without disrupting client services is essential. The person in this position will need
to show proficiency in a wide-range of repair and maintenance skills. The Maintenance Worker will need to manage interior building repairs, janitorial issues, exterior grounds, and vehicle repairs. In addition to working cooperatively with others, the Maintenance
Worker will need to be able to work independently, always keeping safety a top priority. The ideal candidate will have the capacity and desire to learn new skills. This part-time position will work 20-25 hours a week.
- Perform preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance work as assigned.
- Perform semi-skilled labor in construction, plumbing, electrical, maintenance, equipment maintenance, carpentry, painting, and related services.
- Complete minor repairs, follow directions and assist with hands on participation on remodeling projects as needed.
- Assist with building maintenance, such as cleaning roofs and gutters, painting, changing electrical fixtures, door repair, sheetrock patching, plumbing repairs, etc.
- Assist with pool maintenance, such as cleaning pool and surrounding areas, maintaining water chemical balance, and pool equipment maintenance.
- Assist with grounds maintenance, such as mowing grass, tree and chain saw work, splitting and stacking firewood, sprinkler repair, blowing off paved areas, etc.
- Assist with equipment and vehicle repair, such as sharpening chain saws, changing oil on equipment, and monitoring condition of equipment.
- Assist in other areas, as requested.
- Participate in staff performance evaluations in a timely manner, as requested by the Human Resources Department.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local body of believers.
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Must possess a valid CA driver’s license and provide an acceptable, current DMV printout.
- Must be able to lift a minimum 50 lbs and work standing for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb up and down ladders, bend, crawl, and do other physically active work on a daily basis.
- Must have knowledge of building maintenance and repair including materials, electrical, plumbing, drywall repair, and painting.
- Must have a general knowledge of maintenance and construction tools and how to use them safely.
- Must have capacity and desire to learn new skills in facility maintenance.