LEAD FOOD SERVICE SPECIALIST
Job Title: Lead Food Service Specialist
Area/Location: Camp MayMac; Felton, California
Reports To: Camp Operations Manager
Subordinates: Assistant Cooks, Food Service Workers, & Volunteers
Date Submitted for Revision: 10.3.16
Job Description Approved: 10.3.16
Salary: Rage starts at $20-hour DOE
Camp MayMac is a year-round retreat facility located in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains. We are currently looking for a Lead Food Service Specialist to join our hospitality-oriented team. We love God and desire to serve him by serving our guests. The Lead Food Service Specialist will guide our kitchen staff and volunteers as they prepare and serve food for our guests. The ideal candidate will come to us with experience working in the food service industry and have a proven track record of supervising and shepharding others.
For the duration of our busy summer-season, your time will be devoted entirely to providing leadership in the kitchen and dining room. During the rest of the year when we have less guests, you will share in the housekeeping and maintenance tasks, as we have a small staff and we all work together as needed. This is a full time non-exempt position.
- Maintain a safe, orderly, and efficient environment in all food service areas.
- Train and direct all kitchen staff in food service operations including food preparation, serving, and clean up.
- Provide a positive example and tone with all staff and volunteers.
- Provide a hospitable, service-oriented environment at all times.
- Initiate corrective actions with staff as needed; involve Camp Operations Manager as necessary.
- Inform Camp Operations Manager of any equipment or facility repair needs.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Camp Operations Manager.
- Plan and review menus with Camp Operations Manager.
- Plan menus according to guest specifications, including age, ethnicity, and dietary restrictions.
- Take into consideration cost boundaries and donated food items when planning menus.
Ordering, Receiving, & Storage of Food
- Order all supplies in a timely manner.
- Submit all purchase orders and invoices on a weekly basis.
- Receive orders personally or arrange for another staff person to receive them.
- Maintain stock in a neat and organized manner.
- Rotate stock regularly.
Food Preparation, Service, & Cleaning
- Carry out all facets of food preparation and service in accordance with California Health Code standards.
- Ensure that kitchen and dining room area are cleaned and sanitized according to California Health Code standards.
- Operate within budget provided by Camp Operations Manager.
- Make recommendations and receive advance approval from Camp Operations Manager for all equipment or food purchases beyond normal expenditures.
Personal Donor Cultivation
- Develop, implement, and maintain a personal donor cultivation and missionary support program in accordance with a plan established with the Camp Operations Manager and Cityteam.
- Conduct and participate in staff performance evaluations in a timely manner as requested by the Human Resources Department.
- Participate in Cityteam organizational activities as requested, including staff trainings and retreats, etc.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local Christian body of believers.
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Must be able to function well under pressure and extend grace to those around him/her.
- Must be able to follow directions and complete tasks independently.
- Must have prior experience working in a commercial kitchen.
- Must be able to give direction, motivate, and encourage others.
- Must be able to effectively communicate information with kitchen staff and guest groups.
- Must be able to lift a minimum 50 lbs and work standing for extended periods.
- Must have current California Food Handler Certificate.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Cafe WorkerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 14
- Felton, California
- October 13
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4
West Michigan Day Camp Regional DirectorSpringHill Camps
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- September 27
Cityteam is a nondenominational Christian non-profit serving the poor, the homeless, and the lost in local communities in the United States and around the world. Since 1957, Cityteam has been serving people in extreme poverty and helping them transform their lives, their families and their communities where they live. Today with the help of volunteers and donors, Cityteam is impacting the lives of over 500,000 people each year just in the United States and helping hundreds of the thousands of lives in partnership with local leaders in 48 oth More...