Title: Assistant Office Manager
Department: Leadership Team
This ministry position requires a mature Christian who is fully committed to Christ and convinced of God’s call upon his or her life for service. This position requires a person with a Bachelor’s degree, equivalent educational or experience
level training including experience in leadership and well-practiced people relations’ skills. Business background and management skills in the areas of financial planning and budgeting, purchasing and human resources are also necessary. Proficiency in the
application and use of computer software in a business network environment is an important asset. The characteristics of being a “self starter” with a strong work ethic will be necessary. Good communications skills (both written and verbal) are very important.
The appropriate person for this position will have a God given desire to see children and all others come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and grow to maturity through Bible based teaching. This position requires your residence to be in the Valdosta
The duties of this position areto assist the Office Manager in:
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the home office of The Mailbox Club in support of each domestic Department, each Regional team, and the growing number of partnership ministries associated with the ministry.
- Administer the general and specific policies and procedures of the ministry to maintain functional order and efficiency in the daily operation of the office. Be proactive in writing updates, changes, and establishing new and better policies and procedures.
- Manage all human resource policies for The Mailbox Club, ie. the Employee Handbook, including but not limited to performance evaluations, salary administration, vacations and sick leave, interpersonal relationships/conflicts, employee discipline, and hiring/dismissal
procedures, and exit interviews and firing responsibility with “inform and act” authority.
- Be responsible for maintaining and further developing a “Volunteer Worker Program” that meets the needs of the ministry in a wide range of areas appropriate to utilizing volunteer services.
- Provide “Human Resources” research and assistance to the General Director for peer and upper level positions as needed to support the growth of the ministry leadership team.
- In cooperation with the Director of Finance prepare annual budget for General Ministry and Discipleship Center, along with maintaining general oversight of their fulfillment.
- Be the Purchasing Agent for The Mailbox Club Int'l Inc. in all routine purchasing and contractual matters, including the printing of Mailbox Club materials in foreign countries in cooperation with our Regional Directors.
- Manage and control all major and non-routine purchases and contracts in close cooperation with the General Director, the Director of Finance and the “Manager-in-charge” for any specific large scale projects.
- Represent The Mailbox Club Int'l Inc. ministry before individuals and groups who give you opportunity to share with them for the purposes of general awareness and ministry growth; personal support raising, and overall ministry fund raising.
- Travel as necessary to accomplish the responsibilities of this position.
- Initially, for orientation and training purposes, report directly to the Technical Services Manager, Darryl Shafer. After an appropriate time, one year minimum, direct reporting will transfer to The Mailbox Club Int'l Inc.’s Office Manager.