SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES:
- Assist in formulating the Client’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans and develop financial and tax strategies.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
- Develop performance measures that support the Client’s strategic direction.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
- Manage the senior staff supervising the royalty, touring, tax and business management departments. Monitor performance and guide personal and professional growth.
- Oversee the financial operations of Client Companies.
- Recommend and implement operational best business practices.
- Reviews the schedule of all filings and reported information, providing accountability for accuracy and timeliness.
- Review and interpret Client contracts; provide negotiating points as needed; create contract synopsis summarizing critical points, deliverables and deadlines.
- Train the staff in contract review and write-up.
- Assist staff in understanding contract terms to determine and ensure that Clients are being correctly and fully compensated.
REPORTING AND CLIENT PRESENTATIONS
- Ensure the issuance of financial reporting packages (annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly deliverables).
- Schedule standard Client financial meetings based on Client’s availability and to organize the related staff time and workload requirements.
- Oversee the establishment of ad hoc financial modeling as needed and production of budgets and forecasts.
- Establish financial and operating metrics to measure performance. Provide final review of all financial packages and presentations, royalty examination reports, ad hoc schedules and analyses, etc. prior to release of the information to the Client or Trusted
- Perform investment portfolio analysis for Client’s as needed.
- Actively participate in Client financial presentations, meetings and discussions.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the Client’s risk profile.
- Review existing Client personal and business insurance renewals for adequacy and completeness.
- Review personal and business coverages for new Clients, recommend changes in existing coverages, additional coverages as needed.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the Client and legal issues affecting the industry.
- Initiate and assist attorneys with Client estate planning needs.
- Ensure appropriate and reliable control systems are in place.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
SKILL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or Economics with strong academic record
- MUST BE ACTIVE CPA (preferably in Tennessee or California)
- 10+ Years of experience within a Business Management Firm or Public Accounting Firm
- Experience using QuickBooks and Excel
*This job is also available at our Los Angeles Office. We are also looking for a Senior Entertainment Accounting Manager, Royalty Compliance Specialist, Senior Staff Accountant, Senior Tax Director, and Corporate Finance / Payroll Manager. Please e-mail
email@example.com for more information or to send a resume*