CRISTA Ministries. “Where faith meets vocation.”
Would you like the opportunity to bring joy to the senior community through great customer service and hospitality? CRISTA Senior Living, a ministry of CRISTA has an immediate opening at their Assisted Living Courtyard at Cristwood, for a Cook. This person
is responsible for preparing hot and cold food items using various cooking tools, techniques and equipment and ensures that meal and service demands are met. If you have restaurant or long term care facility experience and would like to put your gifts and
talents to work for a Christian organization where "Loving God by serving people" is our mission we invite you to apply today.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Cook brings joy and purpose to seniors and is responsiblefor preparing hot and cold food items using various cooking tools, techniques and equipment and ensures that meal and service demands are met. This position maintains a sanitary
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Food Preparation:
- Prepare assigned food by production sheets according to recipes and standards (some food prepared by nursing center kitchen for serving).
- Smell and taste all food that is being prepared.
- Prepare menu items on schedule and to customer satisfaction.
- Know and follow proper food handling and infection controls. Maintain sanitation
- Know and follow essential food cost controls.
- Operate all kitchen food service equipment by following proper safety standards.
- Appropriately handle problems as they arise in the kitchen.
- Attend meetings as required and participate in continuing education programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May be required to supervise kitchen staff in absence of supervisor.
- Christian Commitment: Must have a firm commitment to the Lord.
- Experience: Previous experience in a long term care facility or restaurant.
- Licensure/Certification: Current Washington State Food Handler’s Permit.
- Other Considerations:
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Ability to use weights, measures and volume measurements in cooking.
- Read, write, communicate in and interpret English at a functional level.
- Perform in a team environment.
- Adhere to CRISTA dress code.
- Adhere to CRISTA’s policies, procedures and beliefs.
TO APPLY go to the following URL:
Or visit www.crista.org/employment