CRISTA Ministries. "Where faith meets vocation."
Do you have great mentoring skills, experience in housekeeping industry and love to work with seniors? CRISTA Senior Living, a ministry of CRISTA has been a senior care provider for over 60 years. Located in Shoreline, Cristwood offers a full spectrum of care: Independent living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation services. Loving God by serving people is CRISTA’s mission and we are looking for the right candidate who wants an exceptional career/ministry opportunity as the Environmental Services Manager for our Nursing Center. Do you love investing in the growth and development of staff? How about creating a comfortable and clean environment for residents to enjoy their time? Do you know how to lead but with a servant heart? If this sounds like you and you would like to integrate your Christian faith with a desire to serve seniors, we want to hear from you.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Environmental Services Manager creates joy and purpose in the lives of seniors in Senior Community though the supervision and management of the housekeeping and laundry functions of the Nursing Center, the Courtyard and Garden Apartments at Cristwood Retirement Community by providing services to meet program needs. This position is responsible for meeting all applicable regulatory requirements to create a clean and sanitary environment for residents, visitors and staff.
This is a fully benefited position.
Apply Today at the following URL: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRISTA&cws=41&rid=1681
More details about the position:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Ensure that daily Environmental Services (ES) activities are completed efficiently to keep the facility public and resident areas clean and sanitary. Manage and schedule staff to ensure coverage of essential daily work. Provides notice to residents, as required, of cleaning schedule. Respond to and delegate urgent cleaning situations t housekeeping personnel, such as flooding and room moves. Oversee recycling and green product efforts for the facility to minimize waste and toxic chemical use. Manage and lead on facility MSDS and other safety related issues, serving as the Shoreline upper campus Hazard Communication Coordinator.
- Provide oversight and management of the Laundry Department through collaboration and leadership of the Laundry Supervisor to meet program needs of the Nursing Center and Assisted Living. Includes oversight of the development and enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight and management of personnel issues for ES including hiring and training employees, managing performance, conducting regular evaluations, terminations and making recommendations for pay increases. Maintain payroll (timekeeping) for ES personnel. Establish and enforce department policies.
- Work collaboratively with various neighborhood managers and Nursing and Residential Directors for special projects and to prepare resident rooms / apartments for re-occupancy. Makes recommendations regarding replacement of carpet, laminates, sinks, etc. Schedules and assures completion of various projects throughout the year: i.e. windows, appliance maintenance, painting, carpet cleaning, etc.
- Provide leadership, training and direction for minor repairs of the building and equipment. Put in place systems to monitor and track work for completion, audits and trend analysis. Serve as primary contact for building related vendors, e.g. pest control.
- Research and recommend annual ES and laundry budget identifying staff, product, equipment needs for the coming fiscal year. Identify changes in industry standards for ES and Laundry that may necessitate changes in approaches or tools. Work with various vendors to purchase supplies, products, equipment and services. Make recommendations regarding purchases. Implement annual budget and meet monthly and annual budget targets.
- Participate as a member of both Nursing Center and Assisted Living/Residential Housing leadership teams representing the ES and Laundry Department.
- Assure quality of department services through continual checks and audit process. Report on a scheduled basis to the appropriate Quality Assurance/Improvement Committee for oversight and accountability.
- Conduct department meetings regularly to ensure open and continuous communication. Serve as conduit for Administrative and departmental communications. Assure staff access to and attendance at regular devotions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Provide direct leadership and mentorship to the following staff:
- Environmental Services staff (Level 1 – 3)
- Laundry Supervisor
- Ensure adequate staffing and coordination of leave time to meet NC and AL/IL requirements. Develop and implement cross-training and coverage strategies for each area.
- Oversee initial training and continuing education programs for staff to ensure ability to optimally perform their work and keep in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and coach Laundry Supervisor on budget management and set accountability methods to meet outcomes.
- Maintain a work environment that fosters respect and positive communication.
- Ensure performance is evaluated on a regular basis.
- Christian Commitment:
- Agreement and support of CRISTA’s Statement of Faith.
- Demonstrate living and maturing in a Christ-centered life-style.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in supervision of personnel to effectively delegate and motivate staff to realize performance expectations.
- Ability to make decisions, evaluate situations and communicate effectively.
- Minimum of one year experience working in a housekeeping department in a hotel, nursing home or similar venue.
- Some experience in budgetary process and fiscal management.
- Software and Equipment Used:
- MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Time and Attendance
- TELS work order tracking system
- Other Considerations:
- Subject to call-back during emergent or special situations.
- Healthcare setting required to comply with the federal law (HIPAA) that addresses privacy and security of protected health information. HIPAA training required.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Maintenance Technician IICRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 17
- Felton, California
- October 13
Assistant Office ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Environmental Services LeadCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4
Facilities ManagerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4
A Christian organization composed of 9 ministries (Radio Broadcast, Senior Community, Women's Ministries, King's Schools, Miracle Ranch and Island Lake Camps, World Concern, Intercristo, and Seattle Urban Academy) operating on 6 locations in Washington state and field locations around the world. Please visit www.crista.org/hr for applications and process.More...