Worship Arts Coordinator
Department: Worship Arts
Reports to: Worship Arts Pastor and Technical Arts Director
Status: Full-time; Permanent
The Peoples Church is a vibrant Christian community. We are messengers of the Gospel in the multicultural city of Toronto and internationally. We are blessed with a diversity of nationalities represented in our 4,500 congregation on regular Sunday services.
We are looking for a Worship Arts Coordinator who will serve as a key member of the Worship Arts creative team. The Worship Arts team produces all Sunday services and oversees all live production elements at The Peoples Church. He/she
will have a keen eye for detail, resourcefulness, a strong sense of production work flow for service planning, preparation and execution, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in an occasionally high pressure environment.
- Serves as Production Coordinator for Sunday services and special events produced by Worship Arts
- Facilitate behind the scenes elements of Sunday services, give direction to team members and guests, occasionally serves as service producer
- Anticipate and proactively communicate issues to leadership team. Elevate concerns in a timely and appropriate manner to ensure production runs as smoothly as possible
- Manages volunteer teams and engages people in ministry. Assists people in finding their fit in the Worship Arts and production community
- Ensure all materials are developed and distributed according to an appropriate timeline, including but not limited to music, screen content, and platform furnishing
- Work with technical vendors to facilitate maintenance and work orders
- Develop, organize, and oversee management of office and music resources
- Serves as key coordinator and communication liaison for all departmental needs
- Become software database expert for Worship Arts team
- Other duties as required
- Must have a deep growing personal faith in Jesus Christ and support the vision, mission, values, and Statement of Faith of The Peoples Church
- 3-5 years of experience in coordinating or producing medium to large events
- Experience coaching and leading teams of people of different ages, ranks, and capacities with clarity and kindness
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proficiency in English
- Ability to anticipate needs and outcomes, and proactively solve issues
- Strong attention to detail, familiar with production timelines, excellent time management skills, organization, and administration
- Conversational technical understanding of live sound, lighting, and visual concert production
- Outgoing approachable personality, trustworthy, and ability to perform under the highest ethical standards
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of Planning Center is an asset
- Job may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers is required to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components
- In general, work weeks are 5 days, Sunday to Thursday; 7 hours per day, 35 working hours per week, but flexibility in schedule is routinely required
- Working on weekends and statutory holidays is required
- This role will require physical work
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their résumés and reference # WAC 2016 in the cover letter or subject line by November 2, 2016 in confidence to:
The Peoples Church
374 Sheppard Avenue East
Toronto, ON, M2N 3B6
Fax: (416) 222 3917
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. We will be reviewing résumés as we receive them.
The Peoples Church is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures, if
required, which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
The Peoples Church is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff.