Serve as an Intervention Specialist for Jubilee Leadership Academy(JLA). JLA is a Christ-centered therapeutic boarding school located in eastern Washington. The Intervention Specialists supports staff and assists students in achieving their academic, social,
emotional and behavioral goals. The Intervention Specialist will help teach social skills courses, supervise activities, and nurture meaningful relationships with our students.
- Reliable attendance and prompt arrival time.
- Maintains and respects confidentiality of student and school personnel information
- Assists in ensuring the adequate safe supervision of all students
- Monitors student behavior and helps maintain discipline in the focus room
- Constantly monitors the safety and well-being of students while in the focus room; monitors student attitudes and encourages self esteem; assists students with conflict resolution, becoming increasingly independent and a successful return to the classroom
- In consultation with staff, carries out instructional plans (including Student’s Individual Plans-SIP) and assists students with learning; reinforces and clarifies instructions; conducts short sessions on improving behavior and study skills; provides one-on-one
assistance as needed
- Assists teacher(s) in maintaining a classroom management policy that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Assists in ensuring the safe and proper physical movement of students from one learning environment to another
- Attends required meetings and in-services
- Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities
- Performs other duties as assigned by educational coordinator.
- High School Diploma.
- Three years of experience working with at-risk youth
- Ability to pass background and fingerprint check.
- Ability to operate within the purpose and statement of faith of Jubilee Leadership Academy, and desire to commit personal ministry to this endeavor; working with troubled teens.
- Excellent and effective communication skills.
- Professional work ethic
- Ability to oversee projects and complete projects independently.