General Sales Manager
Salem Media Group is the leading U. S. radio broadcaster targeting audiences interested in conservative NewsTalk and Christian and family-themed programming. We offer a competitive salary based upon experience and a comprehensive benefit package including paid holidays and paid vacation. Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.
We currently have a full time position available for a General Sales Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to experience good financial rewards while enjoying a team-oriented, high integrity work culture, dedicated to securing the financial means that allow the station to influence the community with positive and uplifting programming. This is a highly relational position which demands an ability to further integrate and represent the station and elevate its status within the fabric of the community and business culture.
- Give direction and oversight of the sales efforts
- Aggressive, proactive commercial spot marketing to local advertisers
- Assisting with the creative positioning of the station(s) to the local community and its advertisers.
- Recruit exceptional talent.
- Train and motivate a strong sales staff and other key talent.
- Meet & exceed station financial budget/goals
- 5 years of successful radio station sales management in a comparable market
- Cluster sales management is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of conceptual spot sales
- Familiarity with the Evangelical Christian core audience, its issues and concerns
- Career stability
- Strong negotiating acumen
- The ability to model-by-doing, high-integrity sales leadership
- Professional with a positive and energetic style
- Strong character integrity who approaches management in a disciplined, yet flexible manner
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook software
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Good under pressure
- Able to handle multiple challenges simultaneously
- Must have an excellent driving record with valid driver’s license
- Primary work days Monday – Friday, with some weekend work required
T0 APPLY: If you possess these qualifications and Salem Media Group sounds like the company for you, go to www.salemmedia.com, click on the “Careers” tab. There you will be able search for the job listing you are interested in. Click on the desired listing to open it. At the bottom of the listing click on the “Apply Online” link to submit your application.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Radio Sales Account Executive-Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- October 19
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
Advertising Sales Consultant-Omaha, NESalem Media Group
- Omaha, Nebraska
- October 18
PT Board Operator- Omaha, NESalem Media Group
- Omaha, Nebraska
- October 17
Sales/Sports Intern- New York, NYSalem Media Group
- New York, New York
- October 14
Salem Media Group
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publ More...