We need an experienced video producer to help us create new versions of our existing, video-based, small-group resources (DivorceCare.org, GriefShare.org, Single and Parenting.org, and others). This person would also produce our ministry’s promotional and
training materials. And our new producer will also help produce content for our CareLeader.org website.
• Develop curricula: Work with our team to develop video-based curriculum. This involves shooting and editing interviews, working with our project manager to coordinate video related projects, converting content outlines generated by our
Senior Writer/Curriculum Developer into video scripts, coming up with creative ways to convey Biblical concepts, telling the stories of those we interview, hiring talent (actors, voiceover talent, etc.), and directing the style, pacing, tone, and flow of the
programming we create.
• Plan and conduct video interviews: Identify and interview subjects to feature in our programs, promotional videos and training materials.
• Shoot and edit video: This is a big part of the job. Applicants must have current and significant experience editing and shooting video.
• Content selection: This involves reviewing transcribed interviews, selecting bites (quotes) and writing scripts for new programs and ads.
• Producing promotional and training videos: This involves concepting and writing videos that promote our materials and equip churches to use them more effectively. Once scripts are approved, you’d have the responsibility to acquire the
resources needed to create the promotional or training videos. Then you’d work with our team to produce the approved scripts.
There are many other tasks that arise in the course of developing a curriculum, which are too numerous to list. Some require supervision while others involve decision-making. At times, the position will require tasks that seem trivial and may be considered
an intrusion into the day of the Video Producer. Such tasks are to be viewed as necessary to the ongoing growth and health of Church Initiative.
- 5 years or more experience as a video producer
- Significant experience using Adobe Premiere Pro
Because this position is a central role in a Christian ministry, it is important that applicants demonstrate spiritual maturity, including a professed relationship with Jesus Christ, a consistent and deep personal walk with the Lord, and a demonstrated heart
for ministry through the local church.
The Video Producer reports directly to the Executive Producer. At times, as assigned, he or she will be asked to report to and work with others on our staff.
If you join Church Initiative, you'll work with our Executive Producer, Project Manager, Director of Video Services, Senior Writer, Graphic Designer, Web Developer, and the rest of our editorial team to produce new programs, ads, and training materials.
IMPORTANT: Your cover letter should include a summary of how you became a Christian, your spiritual journey, and description of your current church involvement. Be sure to include links to your work or a demo reel. Please
clearly indicate what aspects of the videos that you were responsible for.
APPLY DIRECTLY: http://www.churchinitiative.org/careers/#openings-list