CRISTA Ministries. "Where faith meets vocation."
CRISTA Senior Living, a ministry of CRISTA has been a senior care provider for over 60 years. Located in Shoreline, Cristwood offers a full spectrum of care: Independent living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation services. Loving God by
serving people is CRISTA's mission and we are looking for an energetic and dynamic candidate who has a passion for seniors and wants an exceptional career/ministry opportunity serving as the Staff Development Coordinator for our skilled nursing facility at
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job )
- Develop and plan curriculum for training programs. Review, evaluate and modify existing and proposed programs and recommend appropriate changes. Assist outside consultants and in-house trainers with preparing and administering various training programs.
Schedule staff and trainers for training programs and communicate regarding upcoming training programs.
- Implement staff training programs in response to changing regulatory requirements. Conduct the majority of general training for all staff, including orientation and coordinate CPR, Food Handlers, and all other required trainings.
- Develop, monitor and report infection control systems, policies, and procedure. Create and report monthly or as required infection rates within the facility. Compare those rates to state and federal rates and develop, implement and evaluated new systems
and procedures to lower the infection control rate within the facility.
- Develop, administer, and evaluate training needs of all staff. Maintain state and federal compliance requirements in regards to all aspects of training and record maintenance.
- Prepare, purchase, and distribute training aids such as handouts, evaluation forms, pamphlets, and other tools. Maintain a comprehensive reference library and adequate supplies for training needs.
- Develop a system to train, evaluate and maintain staff skills and competency.
- Provide supervision and leadership to the education department and Staff Development Assistant.
- Research, analyze, and keep abreast of new techniques and developments in training and in regulatory issues relating to training specifically in a healthcare environment. Ensure facility is in compliance with all regulatory requirements regarding education
- Develop and manage training database for the purpose of tracking attendance for general and specific training programs. Monitor and provide reminders of training requirements. Provide direction to managers for out-of-compliance issues.
- Supervise arrangements/reservations for training facilities and ensure that set-up, including necessary materials and equipment are in place.
- Participate in Nursing call rotation.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and residents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
- Christian Commitment: Mature Christian faith exhibited in lifestyle and daily dialogue.
- Education : Graduate of an accredited program of nursing education.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of prior experience in LTC.
- Licensure/Certification: LPN or RN in good standing with the state of WA.
- Software and Equipment Used: Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Other Considerations:
Demonstrated excellence of skills in clerical, computer proficiency, teaching, and coaching multi-cultural staff.
The ability to nurture and develop new employees.
Read, write, communicate in and interpret English at a functional level.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills.
Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and residents.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS : (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
- Experience : Providing training to adults and adult learning techniques. Prior staff development experience.
- Software and Equipment Used: Access and Publisher
TO APPLY: Go to the following URL:
OR VISIT www.crista.org/employment