Full-Time News Reporter and Programming Assistant
Salem Media Group in St. Louis is looking for a talented and motivated broadcasting professional who wants to be part of relevant radio in Market #22. This position will work in multiple studio environments, providing top-quality news content and assisting
with daily programming duties.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced on-air commercial broadcaster who can clearly communicate news and information in a concise, logical and conversational manner on a flexible schedule. Holiday availability is a must.
- Anchor live or recorded news and weather reports for multiple stations
- Gather and write news for on-air delivery using multiple sources to meet broadcast deadlines
- Multi-task by prioritizing and deliver information for broadcast
- Works well individually or within a team
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Outgoing, professional and personable
- A minimum of four (4) years of broadcast experience for a commercial radio or television station is strongly preferred
- Adapt to quickly changing information and environment with excellent multi-tasking skills
- Strong on-air delivery
- Very good understanding of the St. Louis metropolitan area
- Windows based computer skills with proficiency in digital editing programs
- Strong internet navigation and social media skills
- Quick learner who takes direction well
- Flexible schedule with willingness and ability to work weekday fill-in shifts as well as holidays
- Reliable transportation
Candidate must have a 4 year communications degree.