Why work at Children of the Nations?
Children of the Nation’s challenging and fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged and motivated. Work-life balance is a core priority at COTN. This position is more than a job, but a ministry. Your efforts will make a positive impact upon orphaned and destitute children by serving not only local IT needs, but also those of missionaries in other countries. To learn more about Children of the Nations, visit cotni.org.
How do I apply? https://cotn.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=22
About the position:
The COTN Help Desk Technician, based in Silverdale, WA, will be the face of Information Technology Department, providing a one-touch customer service approach to serving our employees and anticipating their needs. The IT Help Desk Technician is responsible for set up and deployment of computer hardware, software and networks. Additionally, it may involve troubleshooting printer, vpn, phone, desktop, laptop, mobile devices and all hardware equipment related to IT staffing needs. The IT Help Desk Technician reports to the Information Technology Director and provides support, training and answers to the COTN Staff. The hope and goal for this role is to create a positive environment where IT is trusted and sought after for forward thinking to technical problems.
• Ownership of all incoming computer-related end user trouble tickets
• Assure that all problem tickets assigned are closed in a timely manner
• IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
• Provide Microsoft Azure Active Directory administration and management
• Perform problem resolution, maintenance, repairs, upgrades, and installation of various types of desktop computer hardware, printers, phones and other hardware peripheral equipment
• New user setups and support for employees including hardware, software, network access and telephone
• Customer setups and ongoing support for remote access to hosted information
• Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of support progress, notifying them of problem resolution
• Perform platform patch deployment, infrastructure documentation maintenance and infrastructure monitoring
• Other projects and tasks as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum of one (1) year system administration experience with some exposure to user helpdesk support
• Occasional participation in after-hours infrastructure roll outs when needed
• Excellent analysis, troubleshooting, and technical skills required
• Ability to prioritize and effectively work on multiple tasks at the same time
• Ability to meet deadlines while paying attention to detail
• Must be able to function as only IT administrator on-site
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills required
• Regular, consistent, and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job
• Experience installing and supporting desktop/laptop hardware and Microsoft operating systems
• Experience installing and supporting applications such as Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook
• Basic knowledge of SQL for assisting with Microsoft Access based reports
Excited about this role? Apply now at: https://cotn.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=22
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.