Therapist position (full time) available at a faith-based children's home (residential treatment center) for abused, neglected, and troubled youth, ages 11-17 in Michigan. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a caring environment
and team that truly does make a difference in the lives of the young people we serve. You must possess a master's degree in social work, psychology, or counseling, with at least one year of experience in a similar environment and with this population, is preferred.
The position is responsible for the following:
1. Provide individual therapy and case management for pre-teen and teen males.
2. Provide one therapy group weekly.
3. Provide family therapy for those on your caseload.
4. Provide assessments for prospective residents.
5. Provide periodic in-service training to direct care staff.
6. Develop and maintain timely treatment plans and reviews.
7. Be a part of policy and program improvement.
8. Attends administrative and staff meetings.
9. Must be willing to work non-traditional work hours.
10. Many other duties related to the position.
You must be able to pass a criminal background check, central registry clearance, and have a good driving record. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be computer literate. Must possess excellent time management skills and be organized.
Must be a team player and flexible. A love for animals would be a benefit. A good sense of humor and loving to have fun is a plus.
Competitive salary and health benefits are provided. Great work atmosphere.
Go to www.promisevillage.com to learn more about the program and where you would be working. Please send cover letter and resume to