Salem Media Group has an opening for a full-time Director of Engineering in Dallas, TX
The Director of Engineering – Dallas (DOE) will be responsible for the proper operation of all broadcast related technology, which includes a high level of preventive maintenance at all related site locations. The general responsibilities include maintaining
the daily technical operations of our facilities, including towers, transmitters, on-air studio operations, automation systems, and all other broadcast-related operating systems. The DOE also works to maintain existing broadcasting capabilities and to provide
quick solutions to technical problems. The position ensures that all broadcast related equipment is operating and maintained in accordance with all applicable regulations and good engineering practices. The DOE ensures that all licensed operations are maintained
in compliance with FCC Rules & Regulations.
Certifications and experience required include the following:
- SBE certification, FCC General Class license or equivalency required; any IT certification a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of radio broadcast engineering.
- Extensive knowledge of AM directional arrays.
- Knowledge of high power FM transmission systems, Internet audio delivery systems, IP streaming, studio operations, satellite delivery systems, STL, remote control, I/P based audio distribution & routing systems (SAS preferred).
- Good working knowledge of computer-based digital audio systems (Enco preferred).
- Knowledge of network operations centers and network facilities.
- Ability to evaluate a team of people and determine who best fits the need at the time.
- Ability to work with varied working groups with varied priorities.
Work involves physical activity such as handling objects up to 50 pounds and standing and/or walking for more than 4 hours per day. Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks such as high voltage equipment, radio frequency energy, and chemicals
used in cleaning electronic components. Candidate should be able to demonstrate his/her ability to safely limit their exposure to such hazards.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including Medical / Dental / Life / 401(k) to full time employment.