The Financial Director provides overall direction for financial management, accounting, and budgeting functions on behalf of the Executive Director. Develops financial policies and procedures and directs
implementation. Manages and conducts all finance and accounting activities. Performs financial planning as part of the management team. Manages relationship with outsourced accounting service provider, which serves to provide additional capacity and segregation
of duties as needed. Maintains accountability and absolute integrity over the organization’s finances in a way that honors the Lord and is true to our mission and vision.
- Oversee and conduct the financial management and accounting functions of the
- Work collaboratively with the staff leadership team (Executive Director and Director of
Development) to plan for and evaluate the organization’s financial position.
- Provide financial reports to the Finance Committee, Board of Directors, and staff
leadership team on a monthly basis.
- Manage the annual budget and ongoing forecasting process.
- Coordinate with the independent audit firm to conduct the annual financial statement
audit and prepare form 990.
- Carry out the following financial functions in an accurate and timely fashion:
o Accounts payable
o Accounts receivable
o Cash management
o Vendor management
o Month-end close process
- Coordinate with the Development Director to ensure that donations are appropriately
tracked, recorded, and reconciled.
• Bachelor’s degree required; preferred degree in accounting, finance, or business
• Seven or more years of experience working in finance or accounting roles
• Nonprofit finance/accounting experience preferred
• Experience using Quickbooks financial software; comfort using a Mac Operating System
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize,
negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Detail-oriented, flexible, self-starter who is personable, dependable, and functions well in
a team environment.
Working at Our Calling
Our Calling is a Discipleship ministry and every job is considered a ministry position. Everyone
on the team wears multiple hats, loves the individuals we serve, and makes a difference in the
lives of people. Due to this, in addition to the specific duties listed above, the Finance Director
will also need to be able and willing to help in other areas of the ministry, including lifting boxes,
climbing stairs, and driving ministry vehicles. Our primary function is evangelism and
discipleship, and everything we do points to that primary conversation about Jesus.