Full-Time Programming and Production Assistant
Salem Media Group Chicago is looking for talented and motivated broadcasting professionals who understand how to create compelling and relevant radio in the country’s third largest market. This position will work in multiple studio environments and serve
the station’s clients in production of recorded program content.
- Running the board during network and local shows, which includes filling out station program log and transmitter log, complying with all FCC rules and regulations, working with local talent to include appropriate complimentary audio such as sound effects,
drops, and maintaining high standards of broadcast quality.
- Editing / uploading daily show podcasts
- Identifying, editing, and archiving “Best Of” segments for future use
- Producing daily show promos
- Running production studio that serves brokered client programming, and recording content per the studio handbook to meet individual client needs, including appropriate complimentary audio
- Working with network storage and maintaining network archive of programming
- Working with Operations Manager to satisfy weekend schedules are running the current content available, and downloading and loading for broadcast.
- A minimum of two years of major market broadcast experience, preferably in a spoken word format
- Having the ability to multi-task in high pressure environments, across different radio station formats
- Familiarity with digital audio production and automation, preferably Cool Edit/ Adobe Audition, and/or NexGen
- A self-starter approach to your work
- A willingness to give and receive constructive, creative criticism
- Knowledge of video editing and social media would be beneficial.