Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Area/Location: Portland, Oregon
Reports to: City Director
Salary: Range starts at $14-hour DOE
Cityteam Portland is seeking an experienced administrative professional to support our leadership team. If you thrive on details, reports, bookkeeping, coffee, event planning, and project management, come join our team of Kingdom-minded difference makers. We work in a fast-paced, occasionally unpredictable, "every day is casual Friday" office atmosphere, and we take our work and our mission seriously. To fit in with our team, you'll need to be flexible, teachable, able to work both independently and collaboratively, have a great sense of humor, and be passionate and willing to care for the most vulnerable people in our community. If you love Jesus, want to be on the front line of ministry to the addicted, homeless, and marginalized in Portland's inner east side, we’d love to hear from you.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible in assisting the City Director in the planning, directing, and coordinating of all administrative aspects of the Division that are necessary to the effective operation of Cityteam. Primary responsibilities include project management and research, systems analysis, and acting as liaison between the City Director and other divisions and departments of Cityteam. This is a part-time, 32-hour a week non-exempt position.
If you are interested in joining the team of one of Oregon Business Magazine's Top 100 Nonprofits to Work for in 2016, then send us your resume and complete the online application.
- Coordinate projects as assigned, including project scheduling and method of implementation; coordination of input from other staff members or functional areas; development of procedures, forms, reports, etc. related to the project; research; and reporting of conclusions and recommendations.
- Coordinate ongoing review of administrative operating systems and, as necessary, report recommendations for change to the City Director.
- Budget control: review reports, monitor expenses, research variances, assist in preparation of annual budget.
- General bookkeeping: monitor, balance and report on petty cash, process invoices, check requests and purchase orders, make weekly bank deposits.
- Monitor statistics and prepare monthly reports; both financial and program focused.
- General secretarial: answer phones, transcribe and in some cases create correspondence, open mail, order supplies, routine filing, take and distribute meeting minutes, maintain keys and access codes.
- Represent the Division on the Cityteam Safety Committee, insuring compliance with all safety codes and procedures.
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination; recruit, interview, train, nurture and report statistics.
- Act as liaison with other departments, donors, outside ministries, churches and agencies.
- Maintain (and if necessary design) computer-based resources for reporting and tracking of information.
- Become a certified Cityteam driver and complete donation pick-ups and deliveries when necessary.
- Other duties and special project management as assigned by City Director.
- Participate in staff performance evaluations in a timely manner as requested by the Human Resources Department.
- Attend staff meetings and represent Cityteam at appropriate community meetings.
- Participate in weekly/regular check-ins with City Director on all administrative details pertinent to the successful operation of Cityteam Portland.
- Ensure all timesheets from the team are approved and turned in on time to the Finance Department.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local Christian church.
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Must be an initiator who can work independently under deadlines.
- Must have proven organizational skills, be detail oriented, and committed to accuracy.
- Must have proven interpersonal skills and the ability to handle conflict resolution.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to perform professionally in a high visibility area.
- Minimum of 2 years administrative experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years college education in business or a related area, or equivalent business experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of accounting and/or financial principles preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have healthy boundaries and a sense of humor.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Administrative Assistant to Dean's SuiteTrinity Law School
- Deerfield, California
- October 13
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Administrative AssistantCanyonville Christian Academy
- Canyonville, Oregon
- October 10
Assistant Office ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Assistant Technical Services ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Cityteam is a nondenominational Christian non-profit serving the poor, the homeless, and the lost in local communities in the United States and around the world. Since 1957, Cityteam has been serving people in extreme poverty and helping them transform their lives, their families and their communities where they live. Today with the help of volunteers and donors, Cityteam is impacting the lives of over 500,000 people each year just in the United States and helping hundreds of the thousands of lives in partnership with local leaders in 48 oth More...