Summary: Frontiers is a Christian, faith-based non-profit organization working with churches to send their workers overseas. The Accountant 1 applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports
by performing the following duties.
- Prepare journal entries
- Import gift, gift adjustments and payroll data into the accounting system
- Post monthly credit card bill to internet – prepare & post resulting journal entries
- Reconcile 403b withholding, upload data on website, initiate ACH payment
- Prepare spreadsheets to support 403b plan accounting
- Prepare supporting information for bi-monthly payroll
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Review and reconcile health insurance, dental insurance, and flex spending
- Create and email monthly fund statements and reimbursement summaries to field workers
- Set up new field worker accounts in accounting system
- Assist with Accounts Payable; prepare 1099 forms and file annually
- Assist Partner Services with contribution questions
- Respond to inquiries from the home staff and field workers in a timely fashion
- Serve as coordinator for gift processing system
- Other operations as assigned by Supervisor or CFO
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Strong accounting background; prefer a BA or BS in accounting or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer Skills - Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Quickbooks, Crystal Reports a plus
Frontiers values the importance of life and work balance, and offers flextime options. We also have a benefits package, including medical/dental, life insurance, 403b retirement plan, and more.
This job post is a summary of the position. A full job description will be provided during the recruiting process.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Because of the number of emails received, you may not receive an individual response.