The Aspen Group is seeking a Human Resources Director to lead in workforce planning, compensation, performance management, talent development, benefits, and employee relations. In our growing company the Director will establish, implement and promote comprehensive HR programs. Serving on the leadership team, the HR Director will provide advice and guidance for decisions regarding the stewardship of the talents of staff focusing on recruitment, engagement, growth and retention of a high performing staff. The HR Director will ensure that HR programs align with The Aspen Group’s annual and strategic plans.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to serve as strategic partner and advise leadership on people strategies that produce engagement, excellence, and healthy growth of individuals and the organization.
He or she will be committed to continuous learning and is skillful in working with individuals to build professional growth development plans, as well as working with managers on bench strength planning to build the organization.
As an excellent match to The Aspen Group Culture, he or she appreciates the need for structure but produces agile HR systems, focusing on the goal versus process and values simplicity over bureaucracy. Focuses on building a common culture based on high integrity and shared values with a light touch regarding rules and policies.
This position is an excellent opportunity to lead the HR function and serve on the leadership team while being the hands-on HR professional in the organization. To do this the candidate needs a broad range of skills across the HR disciplines.
About Aspen Group
Aspen Group is a leading design/build/furnish firm with more than a decade of experience serving the church and parachurch markets. Our mission is Creating Space for Ministry Impact.
We use an integrated process designed to align a church’s culture, ministry, and leadership with its facilities. We work with churches throughout the Midwest from our offices in the Chicago and Indianapolis areas, as well as the Southeast, with an office in South Carolina. Our staff includes architects, project managers, field superintendents, and other design and construction professionals, as well as support staff, working together as a unified team. We believe this collaborative approach is highly beneficial for churches.
The Human Resources Director, who is based in Frankfort, IL, and reports to the President and is responsible for the following:
- Workforce Planning and attracting talent to The Aspen Group
- Developing talent by designing, developing and overseeing performance and development programs
- Ensuring HR programs, procedures, policies are clearly aligned with the organization’s annual and strategic plans and mission, vision and values
- Leading the HR service function, developing and monitoring programs, goals, objectives, and budgets
- Building, designing and implementing programs to engage and support employees
- Selecting and implementing robust technology platforms that serve employees
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
We’re seeking candidates who are experienced in designing HR programs that serve a broad workforce and enjoy the creativity and idea generation of millennials. You should have:
- A track record of strategic and functional HR management with 10+ years of experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to employee engagement and partnering with business leaders.
- 10+ years’ experience managing benefits, compensation, employee relations, employee development and workforce planning.
- A degree in Human Resources or equivalent degree.
- Certification as an SPHR or SCP.
Experience working in a small to midsize growing corporation as a business partner and prior experience in an organization that supports churches are both pluses but are not requirements.
In addition to the qualifications and experience, required competencies include:
Strategic Planning, Training and Development, Composure, Negotiation, Problem Solving, Interpersonal Savvy, Conflict Competence, Written/Verbal Communications, Feedback Skills, Excellent Decision Making
Compensation depends on experience. Excellent benefits package offered.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Human Resources & Volunteer CoordinatorChildren of the Nations
- Silverdale, Washington
- September 28
Human Resources & Benefits SpecialistWorldVenture
- Littleton, Colorado
- September 23
International Talent ManagementCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- September 21
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4