Digital Content Intern/Part-time Writer
Townhall Media is looking for creative self-starters to fill several digital content internship and part-time writing positions. Digital Content team members will work across a variety of Townhall Media editorial platforms and social pages. Ideal candidates
will be open to flexible schedules, including potential weekend shifts. All hires will report to the Rosslyn, VA, office for training; however, there is potential to work from home. All positions are part-time and hourly, and shifts will be worked according
to an assigned team schedule.
• Drafting/writing timely, politically-related content for various Townhall Media Platforms
• Monitoring and covering trending and viral topics
• Finding creative ways to cover large, heavy-hitting topics for original, short-form pieces
• Monitoring and optimizing content performance natively (on-site) and on social platforms
• Working with marketing team members to identify best practices and efficiency metrics
• Drafting social media post copy to accompany published stories
• Creating engagement media for social channels
• Assisting with miscellaneous projects as assigned
• Applicants should be working towards - or should have graduated with - a degree in journalism, political science, communications or a related degree. Alternatively, applicants could have 1 year of related work experience.
• Must possess high-quality writing skills; experience editing or working in a newsroom or for a publication is a plus
• Experience posting for organizational or professional social media platforms is a plus
• Must be comfortable with entry-level data analysis
• Desire to work and learn within a collaborative (and fun) team
Townhall Media, an affiliate of Salem Media Group, is a news organization leading national discussion with political commentary and analysis from a right-of-center perspective. Our unique collection of web properties includes Townhall, Hot Air, RedState,
Twitchy, Bearing Arms, Townhall Finance, and Human Events, with content that engages civic-minded citizens both within the United States and abroad. Together, the Townhall Media platforms reach more than 17 million unique visitors each month, have over 80
million monthly pageviews, and our top editors contribute daily to major cable news networks.