Job Title: Director, Medicines Program
Department: Global Giving
Reports to: VP, Global Giving
Location: Brunswick, GA
Prepared Date: August 2016
MAP International’s Medicines Program provides a combination of essential medicines, medical supplies and logistics to partners all over the globe. MAP provides a highly efficient global medical assistance program that enables partner agencies and medical missionaries to procure much needed medicines and supplies to serve the world’s poorest communities. Thanks to our Medicines Program, we are able to strengthen the impact of humanitarian activities around the world by delivering low-cost purchased medicines as well as promoting the generosity of organizations that donate medicines and medical supplies to those who need them the most.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Occupy a leadership role in supporting MAP’s Medicine and Medical Supply initiatives.
• Responsible for the development and execution of the department’s Medicines Program strategy. The Medicines Director will work within a cross-functional team to plan and execute all aspects of the MAP Medicines Program.
• Provide guidance on the appropriateness of specific medicines and supplies in a developing country context.
• Lead the MAP team in Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) compliance and support other ongoing government/industry regulations.
• Responsible for acquiring and cultivating relationships with medicines partners and meeting preset financial goals.
• Establish satisfactory methods of drug distribution and control.
• Maximize the full capacity of all of MAP’s medicine programs.
All Other Duties as Assigned
The position will have internal direct reports and will be responsible for determining job objectives, work methods and performance standards for these direct reports.
The position interfaces with all internal departments within the organization in order to best facilitate the diverse job responsibilities and will work externally with a variety of key stakeholders.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Holds a degree in Pharmacy (PharmD preferred but must be an RPh/Licensed Pharmacist) or Medicine (MD, MSN or DPN) or a closely related field (Required for applying).
• Holds an MBA degree, and/or has related work experience with P&L.
• International Experience – At least 3 years’ experience in international relief and development work preferred. Comprehensive understanding of global health trends and appropriate medicines and medical supplies in a developing country context.
• Program Experience – Experience in the design and implementation of medicines programs internationally and domestically.
• Management Experience – Staff management and team development experience is required.
• Planning and Budgeting – Able to analyze and develop detailed medicine program plans with specific objectives, goals and accompanying budget plans.
• Monitoring & Evaluation – Strong skills in monitoring and evaluating medicines activities with the capacity to implement critical programmatic changes as identified by this analysis.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
• Fully supportive of MAP’s Mission, Vision, and Guiding Principles.
• Able to give effective large and small group presentations.
• Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external audiences.
• Skilled at multitasking in numerous ways to keep up with the diversity and speed of the job responsibilities listed above.
• Able to work under tight deadlines, especially during disaster relief situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to type, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus during significant computer related work.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Staff Development CoordinatorCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- September 22
Quality Compliance ManagerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- September 9
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- August 29
Charge Nurse $1500 SIGN ON BONUSCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- August 2
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4