*TO APPLY: https://theseedcompany.org/were-hiring*
JOB TITLE: VP, Information Technologies
REPORTS TO: Chief Information Officer
LOCATION: Arlington, Texas
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT: Seed Company is a Vision 2025 organization committed to Bible translation through national translators in creative partnerships. The Seed Company seeks to work where it is evident that God is working and where the uniqueness of its vision makes it most feasible for Seed Company to be involved.
VISION: God’s Word transforming lives in every language in this generation.
MISSION: To accelerate Scripture translation and impact for people without God’s Word through Great Commission partnerships.
VALUES: Honoring God in all we do, valuing individuals and relationships, partnering effectively, encouraging creativity and innovation, and managing for quality results.
SCOPE: Provide leadership for the development, planning, and execution of strategies in Network Services, Help Desk Services, Development, and Translation Technologies, collaborating with internal Seed Company teams and external partners who are aligned with Seed Company’s mission. This position provides team, systems, network, and architecture leadership, making decisions for which there is little precedent.
- Lead and support the design of both the network operations team members as well as the architecture they are maintaining.
- Lead and support the development team members as well as the code, product, and third party applications they support.
- Lead and support the Help Desk team members as well as the systems and processes they support.
- Work closely with the CIO to assess, develop, and implement strategy, staying current in emerging technologies for effective, innovative approaches.
- Build relationships internally and externally for the purpose of collaboration.
- Invest time, thinking, understanding, resource management, etc. in the key issues facing the respective section of Technology toward creative, scalable, and sustainable solutions for assigned section and to the benefit of organizational outcomes
- Lead annual and long range planning for assigned Technology teams, and participate in annual and long range planning for the broader domain.
- Lead effective budget development and administration for Information Technologies group.
- Facilitate an environment (creative application and sharing of tools, models, and resources) of cross-functional, intra-organizational, and inter-organizational collaboration
- Prepare and maintain technical specifications and related documentation to secure procedures and prevent system failure. Responsible for disaster recovery plan.
- Research and make recommendations on hardware and software purchases. Negotiates with vendors on behalf of Seed Company to ensure cost-effective purchasing decisions.
- Research, implement, and maintain real-time network, system, and information transport monitoring.
- Lead performance management strategies aligned with organizational goals related to people, projects, partners, outcomes, and technology.
- Execute, through leadership, effective change management, team growth, talent development, and resource stewardship strategies within assigned group.
- Lead, coach, assist, and measure effectiveness in staffing, staff care, and succession planning within assigned group.
- Facilitate cooperation and collaboration among peers, subordinates, and leaders to maintain and promote a healthy and effective working environment.
- Participate, lead, and facilitate technology and solutions development within Seed Company domains.
- Assist the CIO with administration, communication, organizational design, personnel issues, collaborative approaches, problem solving, and Board relations.
- Strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior; God honoring lifestyle;
- Passion for the Word of God and provision of the Word for every people group; Championing The Seed Company’s vision, mission, and values;
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technologies or related discipline, and or equivalent work experience
- Requires five to seven years’ experience leading technology teams in the areas of product and software development.
- Requires five years’ experience managing WAN/LAN Networks,
- Two years’ experience in Agile Project Management.
- Experience with deploying video conferencing, WiFi, and Windows and Mac networks.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining a cloud based hosting environment. AWS experience preferred.
- Experience with nonprofit Salesforce and Luminate.
- Experience with deploying and migrating to a single sign-on system.
- Judgment – Makes sound decisions; bases decisions on fact rather than emotion; analyzes problems skillfully; uses logic to reach solutions. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Initiative – Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility – Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of new information; performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions from task to task effectively; adapts to varying customer needs.
- Analytical – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; able to analyze technology related issues and make appropriate decisions regarding what actions are to be taken.
- Planning and Organization – Able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a practical way; uses goals to guide actions; creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively.
- Problem Solving – Anticipates problems; sees how a problem and its solution will affect other units; gathers information before making decisions; weighs alternatives against objectives and arrives at reasonable decisions; adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions; works to eliminate all processes which do not add value; is willing to take action, even under pressure, criticism or tight deadlines; takes informed risks; recognizes and accurately evaluates the signs of a problem; analyzes current procedures for possible improvements; notifies supervisor of problems in a timely manner.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.