Qualifications: Must possess a vibrant relationship with Christ and agree with Joni and Friends’ statement of faith. Must be a leader who is committed to our Mission, Vision, Values, Four Pillars and the Four Things we do.
Leadership and Management: Experience leading, managing and oversight of a multicampus church and/or larger ministry organization. Must possess positive motivational and team-building skills with proven successful leadership experience in ministry and/or
non-profit organizational development. Must be willing to serve on a senior leadership team that exemplifies integrity, transparency and accountability in relation to other leaders.
Church Experience: A good working knowledge of church operations, denominational distinctive, pastoral responsibilities and ability to work with and be sensitive to the variety of church doctrinal and church cultural differences.
Field Operations: The ability to evaluate existing ministry branch locations and a growing field operations staff and make recommendations and implement plans and initiatives aimed at ministry growth is as important as the ability to locate, evaluate, and
establish new Field Ministry opportunities and locations. Communication Skills: Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate our mission verbally through one-on-one interactions, networking and public speaking opportunities. Excellent writing skills
a must. Organizational Skills: Strong organizational and time management skills, including rigorous attention to detail. Ability to formulate and execute plans efficiently and effectively. Solid computer skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office software
including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Responsible Stewardship: First hand development experience in leading, managing and oversight of fund development programs for non-profit organizations with low to mid six-figure budgets. The demonstrated ability to maintain expenses within an approved budget
and participate in the production of year-to-year budgets and reviews is also a must.
The Director of Church Engagement and Area Ministry will fully embrace the Four Pillars of Joni and Friends: 1. Lead Like Jesus * 2. Integration 3. Excellence in area of expertise 4. Best Christian Workplace
* Lead Like Jesus is a course of study provided to all employees and is based on the book written by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges of the same name. The Lead Like Jesus course is the model which governs our ministry culture and contributes significantly to
Joni and Friends maintaining its certification as a “Best Christian Workplace” according to surveys by the Best Christian Workplace Institute (BCWI).
Duties: Under the supervision of the Vice President of Field Services, the Director will oversee, maintain, and improve overall field ministry strategies, integrative management and coordination of all ministry programs to accomplish the following strategic
Strengthen Church Relations
Expand Area Ministries and Christian Institute on Disability (CID) through integration (mutual expansion)
Specific duties include but are not limited to: 1. Responsible for the leadership, communication and ongoing management integration of all Church Engagement and Area Ministry programs with the CID.
2. Through day-to-day contact, the Director will lead, motivate and encourage Field Leadership while providing instructional advice to improve performance, operational planning, achieve predetermined goals and objectives, assuring adherence to organizational
3. Represent Joni and Friends as an ambassador of Christ, building strong relationships with all who approach or are approached by Joni and Friends.
4. Responsible for the growth of a variety of field ministries including Area Ministries (volunteer and staff led) and related operations.
5. Locate, evaluate and hire (with approval of the Executive Team) Area Directors and other related ministry staff.
6. Responsible for overseeing and aiding in the development of operational and fundraising plans that will lead to the success of all field ministries.
7. Create and implement plans with Field Leadership to advance disability ministry in Christ honoring churches and within the communities they serve.
8. Assist Area Ministry Church Relations and/or Volunteer managers (or designee) in the preparation of operational plans and annual budget to deliver consistently on mission, making a distinctive impact with enduring results.
9. Help simplify reporting to effectively communicate results and/or status.
10. Champion the equipping and integration initiatives within all ministry programs.
11. Other projects and assignments, approved by the Vice President, to support the overall strategic objectives of the department and Joni and Friends.
Ministry Life: The Joni and Friends vision statement is, “To accelerate Christian ministry in the disability community.” The Joni and Friends mission statement is, “To communicate the Gospel and equip Christchurches worldwide to evangelize and disciple people
affected by disabilities.”
Joni and Friends stated values are: 1. Honor God in everything we do. 2. Build relationships based on trust and respect. 3. Maintain integrity and excellence in programs and services. 4. Practice responsible stewardship