Missio International is currently seeking a Development Director whose office will be located in Atlanta, Georgia. If you find fulfillment as a key player in the transformation of marginalized children’s lives by being on a leadership team,
working with volunteers and Board of Directors, are proactive and want to make a difference in the world, the Missio International Development Director position is for you.
WHO WE ARE
Missio International is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit engaged in our third decade of proclaiming the gospel and transforming lives by serving the spiritual and social needs of the Romanian people with a prime focus on children at risk of trafficking, abuse, illiteracy
and poverty. We are the gateway for American support to reach across the world and touch the lives of hundreds with the gospel of Jesus Christ and basic human essentials.
Visit our websites for more information about us and what we do: www.missiointernational.org and
As the Development Director, you will have the exciting opportunity to communicate our vision to see thousands of hopeless in Romania rescued from a cycle of poverty and exposed to the gospel of Jesus Christ. You will initiate a clear strategy and active
calendar to increase giving at all levels through individual and major gifts, annual giving, foundation and corporate grants, planned gifts, as well as through targeted special events and campaigns as appropriate.
A special priority is placed on cultivating and maintaining relationships with partner churches and with faith-based communities generally.
A multimodal approach is required, including direct mail and electronic appeals, tailored personal communications, and social media. You will work closely with our Finance Administrator to ensure the proper and timely acknowledgement of any and all gifts
and must possess the ability to work independently, as well as with teams, take initiative, and meet deadlines.
As Development Director you must be a person who is highly organized and capable of handling a variety of tasks simultaneously and whose written and verbal communication skills are polished and effective. You will manage the ebb and flow of projects as priorities
change, all with an eye for detail and accuracy. Tenacity, ethics, creativity, and a strong sense of curiosity are helpful characteristics, and a strong faith in God and a heart and passion for improving the lives of children are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Must embrace the mission, vision, values and statement of faith of Missio International (see www.missiointernational.org for these)
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, including major gift fundraising
- Have knowledge and experience in social media and general communications
- Display a positive attitude, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability
- Show concern and cross-cultural understanding for Romanian ministry colleagues, staff and program beneficiaries
- Skills in Microsoft Office Suite required
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to and in partnership with the President, as Development Director you will spearhead resource and relationship development efforts as Missio International continues to grow. This is a new position in our organization, so you will have the opportunity
to build the development function, which will be critical for the sustainment and growth of our vital ministry programs.
- Update President and Board Chair monthly on prior month’s activities/accomplishments and those planned for the next month
- Implement the resource development plans in accordance with ethical fundraising principles and various state laws governing nonprofit solicitation
- Create, execute and update annually a social media strategy for the ministry which includes all applicable social media platforms, and oversee the interaction required by interactive media
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for resource and relationship development efforts
- Develop and track letters of inquiry, proposals and evaluation reports for foundation fundraising
- Provide update at quarterly and annual board meetings of number of new donors acquired, grant proposals initiated, presentations made, and potential opportunities
- Travel locally and nationwide as needed
- Oversee creation of publications, video and social media posts to support fundraising activities
Missio International offers a competitive salary.
You should email a cover letter outlining how you meet the specific requirements of the position, a resume, two references, and any supporting documents to: email@example.com no later than October 1, 2016.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted via email no later than October 31, 2016.