The Director of Development will lead a team of professionals and be responsible for developing the fundraising strategy, and creating and implementing the Development Plan to meet the annual income budget for Bridgeport Rescue Mission.
- Lead, train and manage a team of fundraising professionals.
- Manage and cultivate a portfolio of 50 major donors (defined as single gifts of $10,000+).
- Foster effective working relationships with the Mission’s marketing partners.
- Ensure the integrity of the BRM brand and its messaging to donors.
- Assure healthy ROI for all income streams and grow income by at least 5% annually.
- Set goals and ensure that income goals are met.
- Marketing background essential.
- Sales experience and proven track record of meeting goals required.
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategic plans and build an income and Development expense budget.
- Proven ability to lead and inspire major donors to give single gifts of $10,000+.
- Understanding of giving from a biblical perspective.
- Ability to train, develop and equip teams for success.
- Capital Campaign experience.
- Commitment to learn and grow in the Lord as a model for others.
- Must testify to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and be willing to sign the Statement of Faith.
All employees of Bridgeport Rescue Mission are integral members of a non-denominational, outreach ministry purposed to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. All employees are Christian missionaries and are required from time to time to participate in chapel services, outreach ministries, Bible studies and times of prayer. It is an absolute necessity that each employee possesses and maintains a Christian testimony of their faith and experience in Jesus, and a lifestyle that is above reproach. What an employee does on their own time may seriously affect his/her ability to perform these types of ministries which are an important part of their job.
PURPOSE OF MINISTRY THROUGH BRM
To glorify God as we earnestly seek, aspire to, and demonstrate excellence in the pursuit of God and His power to transform lives. BRM’s mission is to fight poverty from the inside out. BRM’s vision is to excel in the provision of food, shelter, clothing, education, job training and residential discipleship for the urban poor and addicted.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Bridgeport Rescue Mission
Bridgeport Rescue Mission demonstrates the love of God to the hungry, homeless and addicted throughout coastal Fairfield County, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We serve men, women and children, fighting poverty from the inside out. We provide a place of hope and dignity, transforming lives through our yearlong New Life Discipleship Program by offering education, biblical counseling and client management services. We are funded by compassionate individuals, churches, business, organizations and foundations trusting in God to meet our needs. More...