We are currently seeking a Major Donor and Foundation Writer in our international headquarters office located in the south Chicago suburb of Crete, IL. This individual will develop and write grants, major donor proposals, and reports to persuasively communicate
Bible League International’s mission and ministry programs to existing and potential funders. Reporting to the Senior Director of Communications, this person will provide writing and supporting materials in response to detailed requests. Manage multiple projects
and execute writing assignments efficiently demonstrating a grasp of the mission and ministry of Bible League International.
The writer should demonstrate strong communication and professional writing skills with the ability to compose compelling proposals, reports, and other communications for Major Donors and Foundations. Additional tasks include proofreading, research, and
other related tasks as assigned. Candidate must have attention to detail, be well organized, and able to work both independently and collaboratively. Candidate must have the ability to handle confidential information with a high level of integrity, must be
able to prioritize, be dependable, and manage a robust workload.
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct him/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Journalism, English, or Marketing. Relevant work experience may be substituted for required education.
- Excellent writing and editorial skills.
- Experience writing in a variety of media including: electronic and print, for different audiences and proposals, grant requests, etc.
- Ability to work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience in MS office, especially Word.
- Provide writing portfolio samples.
Bible League International offers: medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, 401k, paid holidays and Paid Time Off.
Application Instructions: Please submit your writing portfolio samples and résumé. Due to the high volume of résumés we receive, we can only contact candidates who we are inviting to participate in the interview process. Salary is commensurate with
education and expierience.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based
organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League's Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.