Do you want to work for a company that provides its employees with excellent benefits, quarterly bonus opportunities, affordable healthcare, a 401K match program and more?
Check out Creative Dining Services!! We are a leading contract food service provider seeking to hire a Sous Chef Manager at
Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa.
As the culinary expert, the Sous Chef works within the Dining Services Department to ensure that high quality, properly seasoned, nutritious food and menus are being provided throughout the operation, in a fiscally responsible and sustainable manner. You'll
be part of a Dining Services Management team that works professionally together to make sure the needs of the customer, client, staff and colleagues are met. This role integrates hands-on leadership of kitchen staff and student workers, with board plan food
production and catering culinary responsibilities.
- Assists in directing the food service program for the account and the company.
- Essential responsibility to manage the day to day kitchen operations and production team.
- Execution of daily food production, quality, technique, portion and presentation.
- Planning and production of meals to include catered events.
- Implement and maintain quality and sanitation standards.
- Directly train, manage and discipline kitchen personnel; provide performance reviews for staff.
- Strive to achieve high satisfaction level with clients, customers, staff and purveyors.
- Assist in menu planning, introduction of new and innovative food platforms, purchasing and inventory control.
- College and /or culinary degree preferred, plus 3 years experience.
- Bring creativity and imagination to the culinary offerings and catering.
- Experience training and mentoring cooks and kitchen staff.
- Professional appearance.
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Supervising and supporting production functions of kitchen and FOH staff.
- Thorough knowledge of food service industry.
- Knowledge of HACCP, ServSafe and safety programs and managing costs.
- Take actions required for company and client’s best interests.
- High standards and ethics.
- General management experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications required.
Creative Dining Services is a Food Service Hospitality Company and an Equal Opportunity Employer specializing in catering to the needs of clients and employees, delivering top quality meals in open and trusting relationships with our partner accounts. We
are proud to employ over 1600 employees at 70 Colleges/Universities, K-12 schools, Conference Centers, Business accounts and Retirement Community accounts nationwide.