About Cross International:
Cross International is an interdenominational Christian relief and development organization working in more than two dozen developing countries. In addition to providing material aid such as food, clothing, shelter and medicines, Cross supports ongoing programs that help the poor lift themselves out of poverty and thus break its vicious cycle. By working together with local pastors, missionaries, and churches around the world, we ensure that the aid reaches those who need it the most. For more information, visit www.CrossInternational.org.
We are a Christian ministry that serves the poorest of the poor internationally by channeling aid
through existing churches or church-based ministries, cost-effectively helping the poor while
advancing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Cross International is seeking a detail-oriented Video and Digital Media Coordinator (VDMC)
to manage and inspire the ministry’s in-house video and digital media production projects for growing donor audiences to help communicate the needs of the poor in developing countries through our faith-based partnerships. The VDMC will lead efforts to make emotive and compelling digital media storytelling an ever bigger part of the ministry’s marketing experience. The VDMC will own the production process from start to finish: conceptualizing, coordinating and planning, writing, shooting, recording and editing to final product delivery. The VDMC will also be responsible for managing, organizing and maintaining current multimedia catalogs and libraries (Audio/Video and Photobase) to ensure availability of resources to Communications staff. Selected candidate will also serve as staff photographer as needed.
*** Please include a cover letter detailing your relationship with Christ ***
Position Title: Video and Digital Media Coordinator
Department: Communications & Creative Services
Reports To: Manager of Communications & Creative Services
Educational or Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Multimedia Journalism, Cinematography, Photography or Communications or any combination of training and/or experience equivalent to such fields. Marketing and/or non-profit organization experience is a plus and strongly desired.
- Must have at least 3 - 5 years of experience in creative digital video production; demonstrable video editing ability with strong portfolio
- Must have at least 2 - 3 years of experience in conducting on-camera/on-record interviews and storytelling
- Must have at least 1 year of experience as photographer using DSLR camera
- Working knowledge of applicable creative software including the Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut Pro, audio editing software and Adobe Photoshop
- Must be proficient in PC-based environment (Windows Explorer, MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook)
- Experience taking concepts and ideas and creating multimedia content
- Strong negotiating skills when hiring freelance professionals (as needed)
- Ability to maintain positive work relationships with all ministry staff, freelance professionals and in-country partners.
- Positive service-oriented attitude and proven team-player.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred:
- Skills to effectively produce videos (and photos) that meet and satisfy the needs of the ministry
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work on projects collaboratively
- Knowledge/familiarity with the teachings and values of both the Protestant and Catholic Church to help promote effective content
- Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Working knowledge of video production processes and requirements
- High ability and understanding to maintain and organize files and image storage
- Proficient with using video cameras to shoot footage as well as setting up equipment such as microphones, lighting and backdrops
- Ability to quickly edit footage to use for a variety of formats including television and Internet
- Ability to manage projects from concept to creation
- Great interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Highly organized, highly detail oriented and takes initiative of all assigned projects/tasks
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal)
- Problem-solving skills and ability to overcome challenges as they arise
- Must be able to travel both internationally and domestically throughout the year
- Must be able to lift and carry camera equipment
- Comfortable interacting with executive level management
- Bilingual preferred; at a minimum the ability to understand and make oneself understood to Spanish, Haitian Creole or French speaking individuals
- Conceptualize, coordinate, plan and execute all aspects of video and recording production (shooting, recording, editing, uploading, adding effects, etc.)
- Including, but not limited to: coordination of necessary travel logistics.
- Produce creative and engaging videos to meet the needs of various fundraising efforts to donors.
- Organize, maintain and manage digital media catalogs and content management systems (Photobase/Audio & Video)
- Organize and log video catalog
- Organize and keyword tag photo catalog
- Organize and transcribe audio catalog
- Hire freelance video/photo professionals as needed
- Coordinate necessary travel logistics
- Communicate needs and expectations
- Reconcile and code invoices from hired freelancers
- Transcribe audio files as needed
- Research outside freelance professionals and services as needed
- Promote availability of digital media catalog/resources within various fundraising efforts
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossInternational.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your relationship with Christ.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Video ProducerChurch Initiative
- Wake Forest, North Carolina
- September 23
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Administrative AssistantShepherd's Staff Mission Facilitators, Inc.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- September 13
Executive DirectorVictory Ministries of Alaska
- Sutton, Alaska
- September 8
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
About Cross International: Cross International is an interdenominational Christian relief and development organization working in more than two dozen developing countries. In addition to providing material aid such as food, clothing, shelter and medicines, Cross supports ongoing programs that help the poor lift themselves out of poverty and thus break its vicious cycle. By working together with local pastors, missionaries, and churches around the world, we ensure that the aid reaches those who need it the most. For more info More...