Clearway Clinic is excited to announce a plan to increase the number of women and families we serve. In the last three years, we have built a new free medical clinic and transformed our clinic from a social agency to a medical services organization. We are well underway!
Clearway’s mission is to help a woman make one of biggest decisions of her life—what to do with an unplanned pregnancy. Our free medical clinic is staffed by specialists in early pregnancy counseling and diagnosis and our services include ultrasound, pregnancy testing, STD testing, prenatal classes, a free mother and child boutique, and post-abortion counseling. We are deeply passionate about helping women make a life-affirming decision. Although we do not provide or refer for abortions, we support each woman regardless of the decision she makes about her pregnancy. We have faithfully served greater Worcester County since 2000. Our clients have come from 117 towns, including neighboring states, demonstrating the great demand for our services. Our clients also represent 46 different nations—so we are reaching the world from right here in Worcester.
Success toward the goal of increasing the number of women served will require an increase in funding from like-minded supporters. Toward that end, Clearway is ready to hire its first Director of Development.
Non-negotiable characteristics of a person well suited to join this mature team of compassionate and hard-working professionals include these leadership qualities: impeccable integrity; listens more than they speak; winsome, humble, and patient—other people like to see this person coming; and someone with a good reputation. Building strong relationships with people who love our mission is the foundation of our philosophy of ministry.
This person may be happy and successful (or promising with early success) in their current position. They are not necessarily looking for a new job.
They could be in outside sales (pharmaceutical, financial products or any variety of sales that requires initiative, organization, and meeting goals—even a Nordstrom personal shopper).
They may have a background in journalism, psychology, communications, law or other fields where people are trained to listen (a critical ability in working with donors). Currently they spend the majority of their time building relationship by meeting face-to-face with constituents.
Good candidates are curious while being conversational at the same time. They might be an athlete or former ministry or nonprofit leaders.
This new team member will thrive in a Christian mission that affords them the opportunity to express their personal faith in Jesus Christ.
The primary focus on the Director of Development will be increasing annual fund raising revenue from the current $400,000 per year to $1 million a year. The key activities will include:
- Build deeper relationships with current and potential supporters.
- Lead all aspects of Clearway’s first Vision Campaign.
- Manage donor relationships using Salesforce.
- Coach the executive director and outreach manager to build a strong team for development.
- Cultivate the support of the board of directors by attending meetings and reporting to them monthly.
- Deploy key board members and staff to help build relationships with donors.
- Identify new donors, including corporate and institutional opportunities.
- Oversee the annual banquet with the help of a core team.
- Implement the overall communication strategy, including newsletters, fund raising appeals, press releases, social media, invitations, and event communication.
- Complete a plan of execution for the first 90 days and consequently the balance of the year.
- Passionate about Clearway’s mission to help mothers chose life for their babies.
- Committed to help our financial supporters see the eternal value of their gifts.
- Excellent writer, listener, and speaker.
- Experience training staff and board members in development.
- Team player—willing to pitch in whenever and wherever needed.
- Good sense of humor, a humble and gentle spirit, a joyous outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree is important.
Clearway has not previously had a staff member solely dedicated to donor development. Currently, fund raising activities have been led by the executive director and outreach manager with the active support of the board. The person filling this new role will be a key member of our leadership team. Recent effective development activities have included:
Spring Celebration of Life banquet
Fall Family Walk for Life
Baby Bottle Campaigns for church engagement
One-on-one tours and meetings
- Most of our donated funds come from like-minded individuals who care about our mission (not from businesses, corporations, or churches).
- Churches contribute about 10% of our funds and church outreach is an important part of our mission.
- We do not accept government funding of any kind.
- We receive little funding from private foundation grants.
- Our income has increased approximately 12% per year over the last five years.
- We love each client. We are passionate about supporting a woman as she grapples with an unplanned pregnancy.
- Our approach is to surround her with education, wisdom, non-judgmental medical care, and practical assistance to help her make a life-affirming decision. Only she can make this choice. Every woman knows that her life will be greatly impacted no matter what her final decision is.
- It is our privilege to love and support her out of our belief that she is priceless, a never-to-be repeated miracle, and so is her child.
Worcester is a melting pot of cultural interests. It is next to the largest city within the six New England states, second only to Boston, and is the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution. Today, Worcester is transforming into a leader in information technology, biotechnology, health care, and medical research. Worcester sits at the crossroads between Boston, Springfield, Providence, and Hartford. In fact, there are 6 million people living within a 50-mile radius of Worcester, which explains why clients come from all over New England! The city of Worcester is home to over 30,000 college students each year and over 100 nations and languages are represented throughout the city.
The most qualified individuals will be invited to participate in the next phase of the selection process which will include interviews, submissions of past communication work, and writing samples for Clearway that may include a press release, a written appeal for financial support, and an outline for board training. For consideration, please submit letter of interest and résumé to:
Human Resources Director
Additional information about Clearway Clinic can be found at www.clearwayclinic.com.
It is Clearway Clinic’s policy to complete an extensive background and reference check of candidates. Once strong mutual interest has been established, candidates are asked to provide a list of references that will include, but not be limited to, a supervisor, a peer, a subordinate, a donor to a cause you’ve represented. Candidates will be asked to sign an authorization to release information for the purpose of background investigation, which may include verification of education, credit check, criminal, and driving records. Should an offer of employment be extended prior to the completion of these checks, the offer will be made contingent on the successful completion of the reference and background checks.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Regional Director, MidwestChildren's Hunger Fund
- Homewood, Illinois
- October 27
Sales and Marketing CoordinatorCRISTA Ministries
- Shoreline, Washington
- October 26
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- October 26
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
Radio Sales Account Executive-Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- October 19
Clearway’s mission is to help a woman make one of biggest decisions of her life—what to do with an unplanned pregnancy. Our free medical clinic is staffed by specialists in early pregnancy counseling and diagnosis and our services include ultrasound, pregnancy testing, STD testing, prenatal classes, a free mother and child boutique, and post-abortion counseling. We are deeply passionate about helping women make a life-affirming decision. Although we do not provide or refer for abortions, we support each woman regardless of t More...