- Collaborate with multiple Field Coordinators/Area Directors and field partners on assigned Bible translation projects to facilitate project management for quality results for multiple concurrent projects.
- Plays an essential and collaborative role with Field Coordinators/Area Directors in planning stages to develop project proposals, memorandums, budgets, account choices, and reporting guidelines.
- Assist Field Coordinators with methodology for coding expenses using chart of accounts to maintain reporting standards. Add new translation projects to database system for continual posting and tracking.
- Monitor project expenditures against budgets, review related documentation for completeness and accuracy, and investigate major variances. Request additional documentation from Field to consistently maintain compliance with project reporting guidelines.
Report findings to Field Coordinator and translation project partners.
- Monitor project cash flow and budgeted requirements. Schedule transfers with Field Coordinators, and request transfer of funds for TSC funded projects. Coordinate fund transfers with Field Coordinators and Accounting staff.
- Approve reimbursement requests, check requests, and wire requests from Field per guidelines, budgets, and outstanding balances and submit to Accounting.
- Update and maintain project database fields, and budget change forms to reflect currently approved activity.
- Communicate with Field Coordinators to resolve issues related to project expense detail. Work with project partner representatives as needed to ensure that all parties maintain common understanding of project reporting requirements.
- Assist reconciliation of cash, bank, and expense accounts related to projects.
- Process all Project financial information in accounting software.
- Mentor field partners in financial management best practices including the use of software tools, GAAP rules, financial reporting requirements, data management and governmental regulations compliance.
- Conduct Partner Risk & Enhancement Plan (PREP) reviews to evaluate field partner organizational structure, financial systems/practices, internal controls and identify areas of risk; develop assessment reports (with recommended improvements) for field partners,
FCs and submit to the TSC Board’s Audit Committee.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups as directed and maintain required level of knowledge pertaining to operating procedures, requirements, processes and policies.
- Perform or assist with any assignments as required or directed.
- Strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior; God honoring lifestyle;
- Passion for the Word of God and provision of the Word for every people group;
- Championing The Seed Company’s vision, mission, and values;
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, preferably with some exposure to fund accounting or equivalent relevant experience;
- Requires one to three years’ experience or equivalent background in Finance or Accounting preferably including cross-cultural experience, data analysis, and financial reporting;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office modules;
- Fluency in a second language (Spanish, French, Portuguese, etc.) a plus;
- Ability to travel internationally three to six weeks maximum per year if needed;
Proven ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously in a challenging, fast-paced, collaborative work environment.