Weird name, great mission. Here at MOPS, we’re on the frontline of connecting a community of women on the crazy journey we call motherhood. We’re a family-friendly, faith-based organization looking for people who like to work hard, play harder and are ready
to tackle a challenge. Don’t get us wrong, we’re also firm believers in developing a flexible work schedule that works for you, midday latte breaks and having chocolate just because. If the sweets and coffee aren’t enticement enough, we also offer benefits
like health insurance, a 403(b) matching plan and lots of holidays and vacation days. So, if you’ve been searching for a group of life-changers, risk-takers and world-improvers to work alongside, then have we got a job for you!
We are passionate about what we do, and we need a fabulous individual to lead our Development Team.
So pick up your laptop, send us your resume and we'll do an incredibly embarrassing happy dance.
Here’s the 411:
- Facilitate the execution of all fundraising strategies and projects for the organization.
- Oversee and coordinate all Development messaging for each tier of constituents including monthly donors, larger supporters, foundations, staff and MOPS Volunteer Staff.
- Oversee the planning, budgeting and execution of all development events to achieve engagement and budgetary goals.
- Create strategy to acquire, retain, and grow donor relationships.
- Direct and develop all major donor relations processes to achieve development goals.
- Assume a major donor case load and cultivate these relationships so that individuals are solicited and retained.
- Create communication materials and proposals and present them for funding opportunities to major donors.
- Represent MOPS in a public speaking capacity at donor events and other opportunities.
- Provide content direction for the annual Ministry Impact Report, Strategic Project Funding Requests, Case for Support materials and direct mail appeals.
- Travel with and work alongside MOPS’ CEO to meet with supporting families and foundations in order to ensure excellent donor care and communication.
- Cultivate and manage all foundation contact relationships as part of donor caseload.
- Develop and manage necessary procedures for effective foundation response.
- Oversee grant writing and foundation reporting throughout the staff.
- Five years of experience in Major Gift Solicitation.
- Five years of experience in team management and leadership.
- Familiarity with Foundations and the local philanthropic community.
- Embraces a steward mindset of biblical fundraising.
- High degree of spiritual maturity.
- Strong spiritual character and leadership abilities.
- Responsive attitude and a servant heart.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically, take initiative, set goals, and achieve them.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to assess processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- Strong technical skills including word processing, spreadsheet and database familiarity.
- Able to faithfully sign and uphold the MOPS Faith and Values Statement.
The Director of Development is a full-time, supervisory position with a salary range of $65,000-$70,000.
You want to work here. We already do, and we love it. So send us your resume, include a cover letter with your three most embarrassing experiences ever. . . just kidding. Your favorite color, your best knock-knock joke and why you're perfect for the job will
be perfectly adequate.
Let the happy dance commence.
To view the complete job description, go to http://www.mops.org/about/employment/.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!