Our client (Vapor International, based in Sylacauga, AL) aims to establish sustainable centers for alleviating poverty and multiplying disciples in third-world environments. Vapor’s vision is to honor Christ by living out the Great Commission and serving
the poor. Vapor understands that life is incredibly short, a mist that appears for only a moment on the great scale of eternity. At Vapor, their very name reminds us to be urgent in our pursuit of the good of man and the glory of Christ. Vapor uses indigenous
leadership and sports, specifically soccer, to multiply disciples.
*We are working alongside Vapor to find candidates currently based in the U.S. that are interested in moving overseas to work with their team long-term. The positions we have available are Regional Director (Based in Africa) & Project Manager (Based in Haiti).
For more information, please visit our website at www.fireseeds.com Vapor provides compensation and benefits and this opportunity is not a support raising role. We are seeking to find candidates skilled
in Management and Leadership that also have a heart to further the Gospel oversees through their work.
To apply follow: http://smrtr.io/HpVrdA
Regional Director Job Description
Responsible to ensure that all centers in the region are operating effectively and efficiently, specifically, according to Vapor standards. Center operations include sports leagues, life-on-life discipleship, child sponsorship education, grounds maintenance,
micro-business operations, and all humanitarian programs. This position is also responsible to plan and execute new center development in the region.
- Direct oversight of Kawangware & Gichagi centers in Nairobi, Kenya, and Togoville center in Togo.
- Regional Director will serve as a high level operational and oversight role. Vapor has systems and processes in each center. The Regional Director must ensure that each center is operating effectively and according to Vapor standards.
- Develop and invest in Center Directors. Each center is operated by indigenous staff who are trained and equipped to carry out spiritual and physical outreach. Each center is run by a Center Director and the Regional Director will have direct contact with
each Center Director on a regular basis. Must be able to keep the Center Director accountable.
- The Regional Director will be responsible for mentoring and developing leaders in the region. Ultimately, Vapor would like to see more indigenous leaders equipped and trained by the Regional Director.
- Manage any HR issues as they come up. Keeping each center staffed will be a key responsibility. Many staff members are working their first job at the center; therefore, this individual will need to ensure that effective training is taking place at each
- Oversee any legal issues as they arise. Legal standards are different in each location. This individual must keep an eye on any legal changes as they arise.
- Responsible for hiring and training regional positions which include, Regional Administrator, Regional Sustainability Coordinator, League Discipleship and Aid Coordinator, and Regional Project Manager. Regional Director would lead team to serve and support
- Lead the development and execution of the strategic plan for the region. This individual must be able to brainstorm for future initiatives.
- Oversee budget and expenses of each center.
- Oversight of micro-businesses in each center to ensure businesses are operating according to standards.
- Ensure public and private trips to the region are facilitated effectively.
To apply follow: http://smrtr.io/HpVrdA
- 3+ years of management and leadership experience
- Cross-cultural experience is a huge plus but not required
- Must be able to successfully live in and bridge two or more cultures simultaneously - cultures where centers exist and culture where headquarters exists
- Love Jesus and love the poor
- Hungry for the Gospel
- Any financial experience will be a plus. Previous P&L management/oversight would be a plus.
- Must be spiritually mature and able to lead spiritually
- Must buy completely in to Vapor’s vision and mission and embody Vapor’s values
- Must think and act like an owner
- Must enjoy being a part of and leading a team. Must be able to coach, train, and develop leaders. We want to work hard together and play hard together.
- Small business or non-profit experience is a plus but not required
- Problem-solving ability is an absolute must