Can you place yourself in shoes that have walked through hardships that most can’t imagine? Do you envision yourself showing your love for Christ by giving hope and helping youth face life’s storms? Do you wake up - even in the midst of other people’s
challenges including your own - and still have the ability to help others create a positive day? Then prayerfully consider joining our team whose sole purpose is to serve teens who feel the world has left them behind. None of us does this perfectly, but we,
at Fairbanks Youth Advocates, are on a journey to be a father to the fatherless, a mother to the motherless and to serve Christ by serving others. Your commitment to this cause could make a change in a life forever.
If you join us in this endeavor you will join a team that holds strength in unity and understanding, supports each other’s needs for self-care, and knows all too well what it means to love unconditionally.
Qualities you should have:
- be a missionary-minded person (or couple)
- a sense of humor
- an innate concern for the well-being of others
- the ability to take on the role of 'parent'
- an interest in assisting with street outreach
- an interest in helping to maintain the building and grounds
- the ability to commit to a minimum of 1 year.
- a personality that is responsible, organized, and works well with a variety of people.
- room and board provided
- $1350/month living stipend
- training provided
- gym membership
- annual leave
This is one of 3 house parents housed on campus near the youth shelter. This is a volunteer position with a stipend. If this sounds like you or someone you know, please visit our website to find out more: