CRISTA Ministries "Where faith meets vocation."
Want to make a difference in the lives of the most marginalized using your Human Resources background? Come be a part of the work at World Concern! Your assignment is at our headquarters in Seattle, but your impact will be felt worldwide. World Concern,
part of CRISTA Ministries is seeking a team oriented, mature follower of Christ with Human Resources Generalist experience to join its headquarters staff in Shoreline WA. This role will provide leadership to the International Talent Management department in
areas of recruitment, onboarding, retention, training and capacity building. If you have experience in multicultural staff development training, are optimistic, detail oriented and like to problem solve then consider partnering with us to transform the lives
of poor and marginalized people across the globe.
This position has an external facing title of
Director of Human Resources to align with titles existing internationally. However, the position function aligns with duties for Human Resource Business Partner and will be recognized internally as such.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (General overview and may not include all details of responsibilities)
- Organizational People Structure and Systems
- Research, develop and administer international compensation strategies.
- Responsible for partnership with CRISTA HR, finance, accounting and international teams to ensure accurate and timely payment of wages, bonuses or other contractual income. This does not include missionary support, donations or other “non-wage” income.
- Responsible for partnership CRISTA HR and international teams for the successful design and delivery of benefits packages.
- Advise and inform World Concern leadership of an international employment, tax or government policies affecting World Concern people activities.
- Act as an advisor to World Concern leadership on matters of reporting structure and job design. Leverage a close working relationship with CRISTA HR on domestic positions and country leaders and international partners for international positions.
- Responsible for budget development and management monitoring of International Talent Management Department (#0625)
- Monitor income and expenses of all other deputation staff and make recommendations to relevant leadership if income and/or expenses do not match projections.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective organizational standards and processes
- Maintain data structures for people tracking and reporting
- Design and administer World Concern’s global mobility, expatriate and immigration programs.
- People Placement
- Provide leadership to the International Talent Coordinator while following and promoting best practices, regulations and policies related to recruitment, hiring and international employment laws and practices.
- Responsible for thoroughly screening, hiring and on-boarding of talent aligned with position qualifications as well as organization team structure and missional unity. Advise World Concern leadership regarding renewal options and/or any other employment
- Drive time sensitive recruitment for hiring and internationally or domestically based directors. Sourcing candidates aligned with qualifications and organizational mission ensuring proactive and continual networking efforts to maintain a pipeline of qualified
- Create and maintain consistent organizational standards for international employment and onboarding practices in country offices.
- Partner with CRISTA HR on any positions sourced and hired domestically.
- Draft and negotiate expatriate employment and deputation contracts.
- Create and maintain a succession planning process across all of World Concern. Drive proactive planning for any anticipated turnover.
- Learning & Growth
- Design, implement and oversee a global training strategy and platform including the identification and implementation of critical in-house training for new and existing staff.
- Partner with World Concern leadership to assess, evaluate and identify spiritual, leadership or functional growth and development opportunities.
- Develop and lead group facilitation, training and presentation to various organizational audiences.
- Build and align staff growth and learning opportunities that align with World Concern’s strategic agenda.
- Leads orientation and member care of deputized talent in coordination and collaboration with applicable country offices.
- Develop and promote a member care culture within our international field offices.
- Partner with CRISTA HR on a member care culture within our domestic offices, including World Concern headquarters.
- Act as a coach and resource for any performance management opportunities both domestically and internationally.
- Responsible for investigating, resolving and documenting employee complaint and employee relations matters, including partnering with the Law & Corporate Affairs Department on any potential legal claims.
- Identify and partner with World Concern leadership on any behaviors or systems that do not drive a culture consistent with Christian, CRISTA and World Concern values.
- Support international leadership with complex termination, reduction in force and personnel management issues.
- Interact with World Concern team members to build relationships, act as a resource and stay close to the overall engagement of the World Concern team.
- Actively participate in World Concern global leadership meetings.
- Christian Commitment:
- Profession that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
- Agreement and support of CRISTA’s Doctrinal Statement.
- Demonstrate a living and mature Christ-centered life-style.
- Ability to lead and interact in spiritual development activities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Human Resource Generalist
- Minimum 1 years of supervisory experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in International talent acquisition and labor law collaboration.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in training design and delivery
- Minimum 1 year of experience in employee relations
- Other Considerations
- Must demonstrate strong collaboration and influencing skills.
- Show ability to understand overall mission and strategy and create supporting people based strategies.
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally.(25% approximately)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Microsoft Outlook
- Master’s degree in related field
- International Not-For-Profit experience in HR management.
- Working within a Christian Organization
- International travel