Desktop Support Technician – System Administrator
NPSGroup is a technology consulting group based in Phoenix, Arizona serving small to midsized organizations with a special focus on the technology needs of Christian churches, nonprofit organizations and private/charter educational institutions. We are
looking for highly motivated individuals with the utmost integrity to join our team and grow their skills in the area of IT Support and Managed Services with NPSGroup.
Responsible for onsite and/or remote support, implementation, installation and troubleshooting of laptop, desktop, printers, mobile devices, networks, servers and peripherals. Candidate will be a customer facing representative for NPSGroup.
Candidates for the position of IT-Network System Engineer / System should possess the following skills:
· Multiple years of experience in in the setup, operation and support of desktop/laptop operating systems (Windows & MAC)
· Familiar with administering and troubleshooting server operating systems, (Active Directory, Group Policy and user & Folder Security)
· Familiar with Virtual Server technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V)
· Capable of installing, operating and troubleshooting most common end user applications.
· Strong knowledge of networking principles (VLAN, IP, DNS, DHCP, firewalls, VPN)
· Understanding of wireless networking technologies, deployment and troubleshooting
· Capable of premise and structured cabling troubleshooting and installation
· Maintenance and removal of virus / malware / spyware – management/deployment of security solutions.
· Administer, maintain and monitor onsite and offsite Backup solutions including recovery operations
· Capable to manage and support electronic messaging (E-mail both client side, server and hosted technologies – Google Apps, Office365), Spam filters. Exchange Administration and migration.
· Experienced with operation and configuration of mobile devices – Android & Apple iOS
Candidates for the position of IT-Network System Engineer / System will:
· Demonstrates the utmost level of integrity and honesty in all aspects of the job
· Demonstrates a strong work ethic and demonstrate the ability to manage time independently
· Provide support appropriate to needs using phone, remote access or onsite visits
· Manage trouble ticket queue and take ownership of trouble tickets from triage to resolution
· Provide professional on-site customer support for desktops, networks, and servers
· Provide backup administration and system monitoring and reporting protecting customer assets
· Participate in the active monitoring using best practices for customer’s systems
· Demonstrate the utmost vigilance in protecting company and customer security
· Assess customer infrastructure and work with NPSG Team to design and deploy standardized infrastructure and systems.
· Proactively seek knowledge to stay current with IT industry certifications and best practices.
· Maintain detailed notes of internal and customer systems through ticketing system, a high attention to detail and commitment to detailed documentation is not negotiable. You will need to document and record time and service activities for all
internal and customer facing activities
Previous help desk experience is highly desirable but not required (preferably service providers or consulting groups), familiarity with PSA tools (ConnectWise, AutoTask, etc.), Familiarity with RMM (Continuum, LabTech, N-Able, Level, Packetrap, Solarwinds,
GFI, etc.). Familiar with Sonicwall, WatchGuard, Cisco, Smart / Managed Switches, Untangle, SQL administration
NPSGroup strives to serve all customers with integrity and excellence – Our company was founded on the owner’s passion to serve the Church and select ministries in the advancement of their ministry work. Candidates for employment must commit to the accomplishment
of this goal at all time with the utmost integrity in and outside of the workplace.
This is a position which will require onsite visits to customers using your own transportation as well as in office remote support
Location: Phoenix metropolitan area and surrounding
Hours: Some afterhours support required as part of team rotation other time standard. business hours
Compensation: Depends on Experience this is a field level consulting/technician with opportunities for advancement
Travel: Local commute to customers, regional travel at times
Term: Full Time preferred
PLEASE REVIEW REQUIRED INFORMATION TO INCLUDE WITH RESUME WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
Please send cover letter and resume:
PO Box 71096, Phoenix, AZ 85050-1096
Preferred File Format: PDF, Word Doc(X) - NO TXT
MUST include with resume:
· Cover page addressing the following questions:
o Information on how you learned of our opportunity
o Please describe what would be the perfect job for you. What would the job look like that excited you to show up each day?
o Summary of your goals as it relates to employment in the technology industry over next 1, 3,5,10 years.
o Description of involvement with nonprofit, philanthropic, or faith based organizations.
· Professional/Personal/Character references
· Resume MUST include work history and education including lengths of service – Please address any gaps in employment.