Seed Company exists around a God-sized vision: His Word transforming lives in every language, in this generation. We are seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with executive leadership expertise to provide vision, strategy, and oversight for all financial, insurance and legal related matters. The CFO will play an integral role in the organization’s strategic leadership and will oversee the integrity of fiscal accountability and stewardship.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, providing operational oversight for the organization and assuming responsibility for enterprise decision making.
- Participate as a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to develop, articulate and implement enterprise wide strategies. Collaborate with other members of the ELT to track progress of the organization’s objectives. Provide strategic input, innovation and leadership on issues affecting the organization.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and assess the potential for efficiencies that are beneficial for the completion of the organizational mission.
- Provide for sound managerial decisions by producing financial information, analysis and thoughtful interpretation to CEO, ELT, and Board of Directors.
- Represent Seed Company on various committees as assigned by the President and CEO, such as audit and investment committees. Serve as liaison and engage around financial issues, trends and changes that have organizational impact.
- Support in the selection and development of up to 50 next generation leaders to build capacity for continued bench strength in Bible Translation.
- Provide leadership and direction to finance team by maintaining an environment of respect, accountability, motivation and professional growth.
- Develop and implement staffing plans and role assignments for finance domain. Provide direction and performance management to assess the effectiveness of staff. Provide coaching and mentoring to ensure harmonious relationships in line with core values.
Accounting and Finance
- Plan for, establish and implement corporate financial operating policies, processes and systems as guided by GAAP, to ensure accurate, complete and traceable records and reports of the organization’s financial resources. Ensure that all related financial activities are compliant with financial policies.
- Develop and report key financial and operational metrics that drive organizational performance.
- Maximize financial resources by overseeing cash flow and forecasting of Seed Company operations and capital expenditures. Monitor cash requirements for operating needs and ensure compliance with board governors. Optimize the handling of bank relationships and initiate appropriate action to enhance cash position.
- Monitor purchasing processes and operations to ensure good stewardship of financial resources and budget compliance. Direct the investigation of resources related to capital expenditures. Review capital expenditure justifications, determine appropriate financial treatment, and make recommendations to ELT.
- Steward and track the performance of Seed Company investments in keeping with the policies and investment guidelines by the investment committee.
Planning and Budget
- Direct budget planning and process to ensure alignment with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Enhance and or develop, implement and enforce procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve overall planning and budget process.
- Ensure that all areas are provided with required financial reports related to their operations to assist with facilitation of appropriate decision making and action.
- Ensure the organization conducts its business in compliance with IRS and other applicable laws and regulations, by providing advice, training and risk assessment. Supervise the annual audit, enquiries and related remediation.
- Identify potential areas of risk associated with corporate liability and develop appropriate processes and controls to address resolution.
- Oversee corporate liability insurance including property, professional and contractual and the management of relationships with providers.
- Liaise with Seed Company General Counsel and oversee all legal and regulatory responsibilities for the organization.
- Strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior; God honoring lifestyle
- Passion for the Word of God and provision of the Word for every people group
- Championing Seed Company’s vision, mission, and values
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- CPA Certification required
- Ten years of accounting experience, including progressively responsible financial leadership roles
- Three years of executive leadership experience as a CFO, or equivalent, in a mid-sized organization in the non-profit sector preferred
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Business AdministratorSUM Bible College & Theological Seminary
- Oakland, California
- September 15
V.P. of Finance / Chief Financial OfficerSUM Bible College & Theological Seminary
- Oakland, California
- September 15
Financial DirectorOurCalling, Inc.
- Dallas, Texas
- September 15
Administrative AssistantShepherd's Staff Mission Facilitators, Inc.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- September 13
The Seed Company
Seed Company is a growing, faith-based, non-profit organization committed to translating God’s Word. Our vision is to see God’s Word transforming lives in every language in this generation. Our mission is to accelerate Scripture translation and impact through Great Commission partnerships for people without God’s Word in their language.More...