98.3 FM KDAR – an affiliate of Salem Media Group, Inc. is recruiting for a fulltime Program Director to join the team in our Oxnard, CA office/studios.
Description: The ideal Program Director is an independent and creative person, greatly dedicated, with a particularly high professional decorum while dealing with the public, the talent, our clients, and the KDAR team. He or she is able to analyze and improve
on-air sound, is highly experienced in announcing and in using automated program operations. Additionally, has the ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and events simultaneously.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Monitor strength, clarity, and reliability of signals; be the liaison with the engineering department. Ensure air sound and quality control using Rivendell automation; keep KDAR on the air at all times
- Monitor broadcasts and spots to ensure programs adhere to Salem Media Group’s policies and regulations. Check logs and filings for accuracy and conformance with FCC rules and regulations.
- Supervise, schedule, and assign duties to workers engaged in technical control and production of radio programs.
- Prepare, coordinate, and evaluate programing staff in board operation and voice track production. Produce copy; rewrite, reproduce copy as needed.
- Determine staff coverage, schedule, and manage technical requirements of productions and projects for in-studio, remote operations, and events.
- Initiate and supervise donor development, promotions, and events through all means e.g., on-air, in print, and on the web.
- Financial accountability; prepare and meet budget for the Programming Department.
Previous Program Director experience, announcing using automated programing, and managerial background is required. This position requires attention to details, extreme dependability and adaptability, excellent written and verbal communications skills with
experience in the use of Microsoft Office and Outlook software, and Wide Orbit database. Moreover, the ability to maintain composure in an extremely high-paced environment is a must.
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content. Please take a moment and explore Salem Media Group, Inc. and KDAR
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and a comprehensive benefit package, including paid holidays and vacation.
Upload your cover letter, resume, and references when you apply online.
Salem Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.