1. Oversight of the children’s ministry—birth through fifth grade
2. Developer of teams to lead children’s ministry
3. Visionary for the children’s ministry
4. Member of pastoral staff
5. Manage children’s ministry staff
¨ A growing relationship with God, characterized by prayer, personal Bible study, worship and purity, is a first priority. To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate an ability to accomplish each duty satisfactorily.
¨ Education and/or experience: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood/Elementary Education with 5 years of experience is preferred. An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
¨ Personal traits: A person of moral integrity who exemplifies good family relationships and is committed to the vision, mission, statement of faith, and standard of conduct of the church. Understands and agrees with church bylaws and employee handbook.
¨ Leadership skills: Ability to encourage, motivate and share ministry vision and is able to respond appropriately to inquiries and comments from parents, volunteers, and staff or others as necessary. Can clearly write and speak effectively to volunteer staff and others.
¨ Church affiliation: Must be a member in good standing or be willing to become a member of Salem First Baptist.
1. Spend time in prayer and study of God’s Word.
2. Develop and lead the children’s ministry team through identifying, recruiting, training, supporting, encouraging and affirming leaders and staff.
3. Facilitate communication between the coordinators of the different aspects of the children’s ministry.
4. Facilitate communication to the rest of the ministry staff and Sonshine School on behalf of the children’s ministry.
5. Select or give oversight to all children’s curriculum used in our church.
6. Maintain open communication with children and their families.
7. Maintain current and sufficient supplies and resources for teachers.
8. Arrange replacements for workers when needed.
9. Oversee children’s ministry participation in worship services.
10. Monitor the children’s rooms for needed maintenance and set up.
11. Teach and/or make arrangements for Children’s Baptism Class approximately three times per year. Monitor readiness of child; communicate with parents.
12. Make arrangements for Baby Dedication three times per year.
13. Develop and manage the annual children’s ministry budget which reflects our mission, vision and values.
14. Make arrangements for Baby Dedication three times per year.
15. Perform periodic performance reviews for children’s ministry staff.
¨ This position reports to the Senior Pastor.
¨ Periodic performance reviews are to be conducted as specified in the SFB Policy Handbook.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Women's Biblical/Pastoral CounselorHis Mansion Ministries
- Hillsboro, New Hampshire
- September 26
Director of Children's MinistryStonebridge Church
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- September 20
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Worship LeaderPilgrim Church
- Port Charlotte, Florida
- September 14
Women's Program AdministratorHis Mansion Ministries
- Hillsborough, New Hampshire
- September 14