The Salvation Army seeks compassionate, dynamic and entrepreneurial fundraising professionals with experience in a highly productive and progressive development and communications program within the nonprofit sector for the role of Major Gifts Officer (MGO). Preference is given to those who have served in a faith-based organization and possess a strong working knowledge of the local philanthropic community. It is imperative that the person who assumes this important role fully embrace, support and reflect well on The Salvation Army’s mission and values through one’s professional responsibilities and behavior at all times. The MGO will be creative, energetic and determined, with a talent in identifying and developing opportunities for donors and The Salvation Army to come together.
The Salvation Army is expanding its major gifts programs nationwide. Visit our website for details on other open MGO positions across the country: https://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/openings
The Salvation Army offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including a car. The MGO position finalist will be required to submit full background and reference checks.
The Salvation Army is committed to offering equal employment opportunity to all applicants and to all employees without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation, genetic predisposition and/or any other lawfully protected classification or occupationally irrelevant criteria. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Specific Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Advanced degree and/or CFRE credential preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising role, with a proven track record of major gifts success and a strong working knowledge of strategy development and moves management systems in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes.
- Highly effective interpersonal, conversational and presentational skills, demonstrating an emotional intelligence and situational awareness in tandem with excellent writing abilities and strong case development and sales pitch skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse individuals, including executives, high-level volunteers, wealthy donors, internal stakeholders and leadership.
- Prowess in problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking, plus taking initiative with consistent and good follow-through.
- Great comfort level with direct donor interaction is a must, including discussions of personal and family finances and asking for major financial commitments.
- Team player, able to check ego at the door, with a capacity to collaborate effectively with officers, staff and volunteers for successful achievement of position and department goals.
- Communications and management style that exhibits the principles and culture of the Army, as well as fosters team relationships and effectively communicates information.
- Willingness and ability to travel on a regular basis. Valid Driver’s License required. Ability to work remotely (on the road, from home and/or at various Army locations). Some travel, TBD, related to donor management and/or organizational training is required.
- Experience in working independently in a fast-paced environment without extensive administrative support and exceptional organizational abilities, with fluency in managing multiple projects and competing priorities with professionalism and grace.
- Driven to make a difference, goal-oriented with a proven ability to achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and hands-on experience with donor management software and savvy in the maintenance of current contact and activity tracking reports (with adherence to the Army’s database protocols).
To APPLY - candidates must complete the online application at https://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2713pb4aqic and thereon submit their cover letter and resume.
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Laura Weinman, Senior Consultant of Kistner Eddy Executive Services (KEES), in counsel with Heather Eddy, President & CEO. Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEES is a retained search firm that builds transformative teams and leaders in the nonprofit and public sectors.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Army’s Empire State Division has an operating budget exceeds $55 million. Funding sources include government contracts, grants (foundations and other), and donations from businesses, individuals and churches, as well as other fund raising efforts that contribute to the individual budgets for each area. In 2014 the infrastructure supporting the development function was reorganized to increase effectiveness and focus resources more appropriately throughout the Division. Four positions were created (Western NY, Finger Lakes, Central NY and Capital Region) to ensure local leadership is provided and day-to-day management is effective.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Executive DirectorVictory Ministries of Alaska
- Sutton, Alaska
- September 8
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Manager of Digital GivingAmerican Bible Society
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- September 1
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Kistner Eddy Executive Services (KEES)
KEES (Kistner Eddy Executive Services, Inc.) offers tools to strengthen your organization, thereby strengthening the communities in which we work, live, and play. Our services are designed to provide multiple inputs to strengthen and transform your leadership (Board and Staff) and the multiple levels of staff/associates that carry out your mission on a daily basis. We serve your leadership and Human Resources needs – including consultation, succession planning, executive recruiting and interim staffing.More...