Women’s Discipleship Director
Northshore Christian Church
Mission: Loving God, Loving People, Disciples Making Disciples
Vision: Our vision is to reach the world for Jesus Christ by creating relational environments for the purpose of making disciples who can make disciples
Discipleship: We believe that every person is called to be a disciple and become a mature disciple maker. We believe the definition of a disciple is found in the invitation to become a disciple in Matthew 4:19. A disciple is one who is committed to:
- Following Christ (Head)
- Being changed by Christ (Heart)
- Being on mission with Christ (Hands)
The Women’s Discipleship Director, in following our mission, vision and discipleship definition, is responsible for leadership, growth and discipleship of the Women of the church. This position reports directly to the Women’s Discipleship Team Lead. The Women’s Discipleship Director is a member of the Adult Discipleship Department Team/Family. This team is lead by the Adult Discipleship Pastor and is made up of Community Pastors, Women’s Discipleship Directors, Church Training & Equipping Pastors and Directors, Connections Director as well as Office Support Staff.
Collaborating with the Women’s Team Lead and the Adult Discipleship Department Team, fellow NCC Staff and a wide range of volunteers, this person is responsible for helping to disciple the female leaders of home groups and women’s small groups as well as help plan and execute events that help women to share Christ with others, connect into the body, minister within the body, and disciple other women in the body. This individual will be knowledgeable of NCC’s mission, vision, and methodology and will pursue these in their ministry area.
The Women’s Discipleship Director is responsible for collaborating with the women’s discipleship team lead in the design, development and facilitation of an effective ministry to reach and disciple the women of NCC and its surrounding communities. This individual is expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff and congregation through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer, and other appropriate ways as they serve their Lord Jesus Christ.
- Salary level and benefit structure set by Senior Pastor and Elder Board.
- Part-time, regular, at-will position as defined in Northshore’s Personnel Handbook.
- 2 Weeks of Vacation, 40 Hours of sick leave, no medical or dental insurance coverage at part-time, but some other benefits are indicated in the written personnel manual and/or on the employee’s contract.
- Current signed contract and personnel paperwork to be kept on file at NCC Office – Human Resources.
20 hours per week
Weekends: Saturday and Sunday services as arranged with the Women’s Discipleship Team Lead.
Generally the schedule can be somewhat flexible but will maximize time spent with the rest of the Discipleship Team on campus. Up to 50% of the schedule will be set aside for off-campus discipleship, mentoring and caring for leaders and members of the Women’s community.
- Is growing in a personal, abiding relationship with Jesus Christ that transforms the way you live in the church, home and the world
- Will minister out of an overflow of a life abiding in Jesus
- Engages in personal devotions, prayer times and spiritual accountability relationships
- You will lead your teams to connect to the Lord through prayer and scripture, as well as seek to connect to one another in spiritual relationship for the purpose of discipleship as in Matthew 4:19
- Is a participating member at Northshore Christian Church
- Evidences passion for NCC’s relational discipleship model and vision for individual and corporate discipleship
- Maintains alignment with NCC’s philosophy of ministry
- Attends staff meetings, retreats, and other church functions, as directed
- Displays Christian leadership by using credibility and capabilities to influence followers to pursue God's direction for their lives
- Evidences foundational spiritual qualities such as integrity, faithfulness, compassion, and grace
- Display ministry skills such as the ability to effectively communicate Scripture, managing or coaching others, motivating others, and graciously correcting others when necessary
- Displays accountability to staff and the ministry of the church
- Evidences working knowledge of NCC mission, core values, ministry strategy and policy manual, and is effective at aligning individual ministry goals to these directives. This includes understanding of NCC policies and procedures
- Displays working knowledge of stewardship and demonstrates fiscal responsibility through proper planning and budgeting of ministry programs and initiatives
- Maintains effective communication with all NCC to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing NCC goals
- Fulfills any and all supervisory roles as directed or outlined in specific job responsibilities
- Maintains working hours as determined by the needs of ministry/position and maintains a healthy balance between work and family
- Establishes and communicates monthly, quarterly and annual goals with the Discipleship Pastor and implements strategies for goal attainment
- Models the importance of discipleship through a personal commitment to participating in a home group.
- Will have a passion to seek and save the lost.
- Will equip and empower small groups to engage their neighbors and community with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Will ensure pastoral care is occurring within your community.
- Attend church services with an outward focus:
- Participate in greeting, prayer, and leading communion
- Coordinate community and outreach events for the purpose of sharing Jesus with the un-churched and inviting them to home groups.
- Ensure connection of unconnected people, and follow-up on connections.
- We define unconnected as a person who is not connected in personal and intentional relationship to Jesus or His body.
- Develop, participate in and encourage connection events, connecting people to God and small groups.
- Will seek to chase the strays (disconnected).
- Intentionally shepherd and model shepherding to the leaders and members of your ministry area, utilizing the “4 spheres” relational coaching tool.
- Identify, equip and release leaders
- Create and maintain an apprentice system within your community.
- Help individuals find their place of ministry in the church.
- Ensure people are being ministered to within their community through:
- Hospital visits
- Phone calls
- Placing new people into leadership positions within their community.
- Vision cast the preferred future, the mission of the church.
- Personally disciple coaches and ensures each coach and their spouse is in a group.
- Ensure coaches are discipling Group Leaders.
- Monitor and evaluate growth and health of your community:
- Monitor health and attendance of connected through CCO
- Utilize the “Spiritual Health Map” on a bi-annual basis
- Receive and apply feedback from others
- Participate with Church Training & Equipping in regional, national and international levels as required by Adult Discipleship Pastor.
MINISTRY AREA EXPECTATIONS
- Develop and oversee the structure and effective administration of NCC’s Ministry to Women.
- Oversee implementation, coordination and execution of Women’s programs consistent with the direction and leadership of the Adult Discipleship Pastor, and in concert with Women’s Discipleship Team.
- Work with the Discipleship Team to develop and refine a Ministry to Women’s philosophy that is consistent with the vision and direction of NCC.
- Create obtainable goals and objectives (SMART) for ministry area on an annual basis that align with the mission and vision of Northshore Christian Church. Effectively communicate those goals and implement strategy for their fulfillment.
- Identify, equip, encourage, release and coach leaders and volunteers in the fulfillment of Women’s Ministries’ goals and objectives.
- Plan, propose and develop special events designed to reach Women in the community at large.
- Ensure personal background and reference checks performed on participating volunteer leadership prior to program involvement.
- Research and evaluate the need for program or process changes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned with demonstrated flexibility in scheduling and job assignment.
BASIC NEEDS OF THE PEOPLE YOU ARE SERVING
- Leadership – Moving people to a place of being uncomfortable at a rate they can tolerate, stretching people. Supervising the mission and vision of the church being lived out in your ministry area.
- Equipping of Leaders – Equip, encourage, and empower leaders in your ministry area.
- Spiritual Feeding – Making sure people are intentional to hear and apply the Word of God and ensure they are aware of the avenues to get it (classes, CD’s, sermon downloads, etc…)
- Spiritual Relationships – Ensure the relational environments are being led intentionally and reproduction is taking place.
- Pastoral Leadership Care – You are not responsible to care for every person, but you are responsible for making sure every person in your ministry area can be cared for.
- Community – Opportunity for people to gather together
- Communication – keep leaders informed and celebrate the wins
- Connection – Connect people to small groups for the purpose of discipleship.
- Strategic Partnerships – Finding ways to be a blessing to your communities.
- Organization and Planning – Collaboration to accomplish the mission of the church.
- Adult Discipleship Ministry Team Meetings (weekly)
- Church Staff Meeting (Monthly)
- Volunteer Meetings (throughout the week)
- · Effective leadership skills displayed through abilities to coordinate comprehensive Women’s Ministry programs and events and an ability to recruit, develop and support effective Women’s Ministry leaders.
- · Excellent relationship and communication skills to build an effective team, make formal presentations, resolve conflict, and interact with a diverse family and community population.
- · Ability to work in concert with Facilities and Ministry of Business and Finance respective to ministry area events.
- · Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgment with noted ability to make sound decisions.
- · Ability to present a mature Christ-like image when presented before or interacting with diverse groups of individuals.
- · Ability to exercise flexibility within working responsibilities or environment.
- · Ability to work independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- · Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language, as well as draft and approve printed media.
- · Excellent presentation skills before large groups of people.
- · Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software and/or applications.
- · Ability to perform in a multi-task environment, with the ability to prioritize work requirements.
- · Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure issues are handled in a professional manner.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Desired B.A. or B.S. degree in Emphasis Area or equivalent experience.
- Four years leadership experience in ministry area.
- Two years management and supervisory experience with paid and volunteer staff.
- Commitment to developing working knowledge and application of NCC mission and ministry strategy and evidenced ability to implement within ministry emphasis.
- Demonstrates the character qualities of courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance, punctuality and servant hood, plus calmness under pressure.
- Meets everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
- Exercises friendliness and consideration, treating each person or situation impartially.
- Submits respectfully and is loyal to church authority.
- Maintains a personal appearance that is a role model of cleanliness, modesty, and good taste.
- Uses acceptable English in written and oral communication. Speaks with clear articulation.
- Develops and maintains rapport with attendees, volunteers and staff to promote a positive Discipleship environment.
- Recognizes the need for good public relations. Represents the church in a favorable and professional manner to the constituency and general public.
- Abides by the Moral Code of Conduct Agreement.
We recognize there are many ministry areas to serve in at Northshore and you may feel called to serve in those areas on a volunteer basis. Northshore would like to support you in your desire to serve. Any hours served in volunteer ministry are not required for this position that you have been hired for and as such will not be compensated.
- Be a member of the church
- Be an active participating member of a home group with your spouse
- Disciple at least one person preferably from your home group
- Attend one worship service regularly
- Commit to financially supporting the church
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to build knowledge and skills.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Exhibits a Christ-like confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against God’s standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Dresses appropriately to project a professional image and responsibility as a role model.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Is open to increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Computer Skills - Knowledge, experience, and/or willingness to learn necessary computer hardware/software skills (e.g. word processing, e-mail, internet, etc.) required for this position.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to move around the campus and buildings, use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform related duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
July 7, 2016 Revised
Please apply to the following link:
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Assistant Program Director for YouthFellowship House of South Camden
- Camden, New Jersey
- December 2
Children's Pastorsecond baptist church
- Little Rock, Arkansas
- December 2
Entry Level Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Business Teachers in Asia (No Teaching Experience Required)Academics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
College Prep High School Teachers for Church Leaders Children in AsiaPrivate Profile
- Asia, Asia
- December 2
Northshore Christian Church & Academy
The strategy of Northshore Christian Church has adopted to carry out this mandate is to SHARE the good news of Jesus Christ with our community and our world. Our many and varied ministries are intentionally designed to CONNECT people to Christ and to His Church and to help people GROW in the love for God and the likeness of Christ through worship, fellowship, and discipleship. Ultimately we are called to SERVE the body of Christ and the world around us.More...