Sexual health community clinic/STD clinic
Objective of Position:
Faith based nonprofit STD/sexual health clinic seeks Nurse Manager. The Nurse Manager oversees the day-to-day provision of medical services at the clinic, manages administrative issues, and oversight of staff & volunteers. Under the supervision of the Executive Director and the Medical Director the Nurse Manager is responsible for providing assessment & treatment of sexual health concerns according to established protocols & the highest professional standards of care. Nurse manager is responsible for administrative responsibilities & employee/volunteer oversight. Nurse manager position will begin before clinic opens to work in coordination with ED to set clinic up & interview/hire staff & volunteers. Nurse manager will network w/medical community, provide education to community, and market testing clinic.
Reports to: Executive Director and Medical Director
Supervises: All medical staff
- Must be a committed, mature Christian (consistent with the characteristics outlined in 1 Timothy 3: 8-10) who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and is an active member in good standing within a local, evangelical church.
- Must exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to the sanctity of human life.
- Agrees with and uphold the SAPRC Statement of Faith and Principles and all policies of SAPRC.
- Excels at operating in a fast pace, diverse community environment.
- Operates the center as a ministry more than a business, always sensitive to the needs of the clients/volunteers so that the individual’s needs takes precedent over the set schedule.
- Strong counseling skills in relation with the clients as well as the volunteers.
- Ability to challenge and discuss issues of importance to the organization in love.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Strong interpersonal skills: tact, self-confidence and assertiveness, diplomacy, teamwork, good judgment, confidentiality, a sense of humor.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated excellence in problem solving, superior attention to detail, and ability to coordinate multiple projects requiring close communication with staff to maintain high accuracy and productivity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and current Texas RN license, in good standing.
- CPR certified
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Fluency in the Spanish language is a plus, but not required.
- Managerial experience preferred, as well as recent direct patient care.
- Obstetric sonography experience preferred, but training will be provided if lacking.
- Will be called upon to participate in networking/fundraising with donors, medical community, churches, etc. as appropriate. Time will be split between clinic & networking/fundraising role
Major Responsibilities of Nurse Manager:
- Organizes, directs, supervises and evaluates all professional and volunteer medical staff.
- Maintains a working knowledge of nursing methods, principles and practices in relation to the prevention and treatment of disease, safety and infection control, clinical systems, supplies and equipment. Provides Nursing care as described below.
- Assures compliance CLIA, HIPPA, and infection control standards.
- Works closely with Executive Director in formulating the operational policies and procedures necessary for consistent and effective operation.
- Ensures all staff is up to date on trainings and certifications.
- Ensures that medical equipment is properly operated and maintained.
- Will have oversight from board of directors, medical director, & executive director.
- Nursing care will be provided according to protocols established by medical director & board of directors & according to highest standards of care.
- Provides medical services & oversees all medical services provided by appropriate staff. This includes in office care & appropriate referrals to local health and social service agencies.
- Provides & oversees the medical education of patients.
- Ensures patient follow-up per standard procedures.
- Networks with medical community to provide resources to clients & assist w/referrals for additional services.
- Participates in fundraising for clinic & SAPRC by networking w/donors & churches, as needed & appropriate.
- Provides community health assessment & education at local schools, church, and health fairs.
Please send cover letter & resume to Emily Stellitano: Emily@saprc.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Staff Development CoordinatorCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- September 22
Quality Compliance ManagerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- September 9
Director of Medicines ProgramMAP International
- Brunswick, Georgia
- September 1
Charge Nurse $1500 SIGN ON BONUSCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- August 2
An unplanned or crisis pregnancy does not necessitate making uninformed or impulsive decisions. We are aware that a pregnancy can become a crisis when it is complicated by broken relationships, family tensions, poor timing, health concerns, assault, financial difficulties and school or career goals and pressures. The purpose of South Austin Pregnancy Resource Center is to provide education, love and support to women in our community as they make important pregnancy decisions. ? We offer counsel on the emotional, spiritual an More...