MEDIA AND TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST JOB DESCRIPTION
Primary Function: To serve as the primary technician for sound and media support for school events and classroom media. As a member of the staff, he/she will provide assistance for Northshore Christian Academy in the area of media and technology development for the school. This includes large events, grade level events and classroom media needs. The support specialist’s provides technical support of our sound and media program for the auditorium events such as chapel, concerts, and auction including event set up, tear down, promotional material graphic support and photography, videography support of events. Also, the media specialist is responsible for media maintenance and repair of classroom systems. Media support for marketing, advertising, webpage and readerboard duties are required as needed.
Hired by and Supervised by: STEM Principal and NCC Media Director
Responsible to: NCA and NCC
Salary: $37,000 annual salary, benefit package, 25% tuition discount
The Specialist shall be one who has received and acknowledges Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. The Specialist shall be one who feels called of God to the position. The Specialist shall be a member in good standing of an evangelical church and shall lead a Godly life. He/she shall be a person of spiritual maturity with leadership abilities that will allow him/her to "train up a child in the way he should go." The Specialist shall subscribe to the NCC Statement of Faith and reflect the purpose of the school which is to honor Christ in every activity.
The Specialist shall have an Associate’s Degree or two years experience running a sound and media position (volunteer or paid) for a church or school. He/she must have the necessary skills to work with students, parents and staff in a Christ-like manner.
Spiritual Responsibilities –
Seeks to be a role-model in speech, actions, and attitude, and having a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
Sets an example of the importance of prayer, Scripture memorization and study, witnessing, and unity in Christian fellowship.
Implements "scriptural" principles of relationships toward the students, parents, and staff.
Follows the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with students, parents, administration, and staff.
Shows support for the role of parents as primarily responsible before God for their child's education and assists them in the task.
Encourages students to accept God's gift of salvation and grow in their faith.
Emphasizes to students the reality of their self-worth in Christ.
Utilizes educational opportunities and evaluation processes for professional growth.
Seeks the counsel of the administrator, colleagues, and parents and is teachable.
Provides input and recommendations for administrative and managerial functions in the school.
Attends and participates in scheduled devotional, committee, faculty, and P.T.F. meetings when asked.
Knows the procedures for dealing with issues of an emergency nature.
Contributes to the general improvement of the school program.
1. Demonstrates the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance, and punctuality.
2. Meets everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
3. Exercises friendliness and consideration, treating each student impartially.
4. Submits respectfully and is loyal to constituted authority.
5. Maintains a personal appearance that is a role model of cleanliness, modesty, and good taste.
6. Develops and maintains rapport with students, parents, and staff to promote a positive learning environment.
7. Recognizes the need for good public relations. Represents the school in a favorable and professional manner to the constituency and general public.
8. Demonstrates an appreciation and understanding of the uniqueness of the local community.
1. Cooperates with the School Board and administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
2. Keeps the administration adequately informed of deficiencies and potential problem areas.
3. Maintains a clean, attractive, well-ordered office and workspace.
4. Accepts a share of responsibility for extra-curricular activities as assigned.
Regular Duties –
Support for teachers and academy staff for technical issues including some IT issues
Concert Practices and Performances
Provide sound and media support for all concerts and special events (see calendar)
Two or four practices per event
Night of event
DVD video production
Set up and tear down stage
Oversee the chapel order of events by coordinating with all parties
Contact chapel speaker for media support
Set up stage
Auction and Walk-a-thon support
Sound and media
- Photography and video support (secondary support after photography company and yearbook director)
- School Year Theme
- Devotions and in-service media needs
- Media support for school events: 4th grade presentations, 5th grade iPad presentations, middle school media needs.
- Marketing and advertising graphic assistance: Reader board updates
- Organize school picture folders and take pictures as requested.
- Classroom media and tech support.
- Summer media and tech maintenance projects including classroom tech maintenance and computer servicing.
- Other assigned duties from school and media leaders.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to build knowledge and skills.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Exhibits a Christ-like confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against God’s standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Dresses appropriately to project a professional image and responsibility as a role model.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Is open to increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Computer Skills - Knowledge, experience, and/or willingness to learn necessary computer hardware/software skills (e.g. word processing, e-mail, internet, etc.) required for this position.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must be able to move about the campus and buildings; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit or reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Performance of these responsibilities will be evaluated by the STEM principal and NCC media director.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform related duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Please apply to the following link:
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
News Reporter-Greenville, SCSalem Media Group
- Greenville, South Carolina
- October 21
Sales Marketing Assistant-Glendale, CASalem Media Group
- Glendale, California
- October 21
Radio Sales Account Executive-Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- October 19
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
Advertising Sales Consultant-Omaha, NESalem Media Group
- Omaha, Nebraska
- October 18
Northshore Christian Church & Academy
The strategy of Northshore Christian Church has adopted to carry out this mandate is to SHARE the good news of Jesus Christ with our community and our world. Our many and varied ministries are intentionally designed to CONNECT people to Christ and to His Church and to help people GROW in the love for God and the likeness of Christ through worship, fellowship, and discipleship. Ultimately we are called to SERVE the body of Christ and the world around us.More...