Job Posting: Maintenance Technician
Glorieta Camps, Glorieta New Mexico
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic and a desire to live and work in a close community to serve in the much-needed role of Maintenance technician. We are passionate about our mission statement and are looking for a like-minded person who is willing to serve alongside us. Please thoughtfully consider each part of our mission statement, job description, and description of our ministry and community before applying.
To inspire Christ-like change through Outdoor Adventure. Authentic Relationships and Biblical Truth.
The makeup of our community determines a large part of what it is like to live and work here. We have about 120 people who live on-site year round, comprised of: full-time staff and families and gap-year students. Glorieta is a beautiful place with many natural resources but calls for somewhat remote living.
• Title: Maintenance Technician
• Department: Maintenance
• Reports To: Maintenance Director
Job Purpose: To fulfill our mission by being part of a team to prevent the facilities of Glorieta from being a distraction to the guests’ experience. This includes working towards creating a functional, safe, and aesthetically pleasing facility. This role specifically will be taking responsibility for individual work orders and ensuring their completion.
• Often perform tasks in tradecrafts, such as: carpentry, light electrical work, plumbing, drywall repair, painting, HVAC and others.
• Your duties are to help guests with problems, such as: hot water, toilet, shower, AC issues, electrical, plumbing, etc.
• Be on call once to a few times each week to help with on-site problems with guests. On call requires being on the camp and having excellent customer service skills, and solving facilities problems to the best of your ability when they come up.
Other Duties of ALL Glorieta Staff: We operate year-round. We have guests on the premises almost every day of the year. Serving guests is our number one priority, and therefore ALL staff must participate in guest service in some capacity. Tasks may include cooking, cleaning, facilitating group activities, running retail locations, general maintenance of camp property, and work projects as needed. There are often groups here on weekends, and all staff members will be required to work certain weekends as needed.
Character, Education, Abilities, Skills, Experience:
Preference will be given to those with HVAC experience
The “ideal” candidate will have:
• Ability to communicate well with team members, staff, and guests
• A strong desire to learn new things quickly
• A strong sense of self-motivation
• A personal relationship with Christ that permeates all aspects of his/her life
• Previous experience in any of the duties listed is preferred
• Good work ethic is a must
• Willingness to perform routine tasks regularly and on time, with deadlines weekly and monthly for most tasks.
• Have a natural ability or strong desire for organization
• Willingness to perform many tasks alone and to be a problem solver
• An eye for things that need done and how to make them more excellent
• Excellent customer service skills
• Some maintenance experience preferred.
Work Context: This job will be performed primarily on location at the Glorieta, New Mexico location.
Travel: Possible infrequent travel to workshop trainings.
Physical Demands: As a part of the Maintenance team and larger Glorieta team, the job may occasionally require the ability to lift heavy loads, walk all over the property and facilities, stand for a lengthy period of time, and bend and squat to install or service equipment. Be willing to get your hands dirty.
Work Environment: Most work will be done throughout campus, including indoors and outdoors. This may include working in inclement weather conditions throughout the year.
Training: Maintenance employees will be given opportunity for improvement through appropriate training.
Compensation: Salary, onsite housing, medical insurance, 401(k) retirement package after one year, and paid vacation time. See HR and/or potential supervisor for details.
Disclaimer: This Job Description is not a complete description of all that is necessary to do your job. Also, all camp employees are expected to do what it takes to work as a team, even with other departments, to serve guests. This is not only an expectation, but a value that we hold to as an organization. We will help each other get the mission done.
Those interested can send their resume to Facilities Manager, James Oates at email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Maintenance Technician IICRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 17
- Felton, California
- October 13
Lead Food Service SpecialistCityteam
- Felton, California
- October 10
Assistant Office ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
Camp Eagle, Inc.
The Camp Eagle Family of Camps currently consists of three camps located in Texas (Camp Eagle, Inc), New Mexico (Glorieta Camps) and Washington (Black Diamond Camps). Our mission is to inspire Christ-like change through outdoor adventure, authentic relationships, and Biblical truth. This is seeded in everything that we do. We offer summer programming and retreats at all locations, and in New Mexico at Glorieta Camps, we can host large conferences consisting of 2500+ people depending on the time of year. Our websites are: http://www.campeagle More...