PROMOTIONS DIRECTOR – 94FM the Fish
If you’re passionate about the programming of Nashville’s 94FM the Fish, you’ll love working for us! 94FM the Fish has a rare opening for a promotions director. This position has it all - an opportunity to build a career while enjoying a team-oriented,
high integrity work culture. You’ll enjoy making a positive impact while creating ways for the radio station to be involved in the community on a daily basis.
- Develop, plan and carry out grassroots media publicity for the station.
- Create and make regular appearances for the station, including building social media promotions and visibility.
- Serve as onsite point person for all station events, promotions and appearances.
- Be responsible for social networking activities.
- Build Rewards Club membership.
- Write and distribute ongoing network and station press releases to both industry and consumer targeted outlets. Includes updating and maintaining press release contact databases.
- Secure and manage distribution of all station promotional items.
- Manage station vehicle use schedule (and maintenance), ensuring that vehicles are in public places as often as possible.
- Monitor our websites to ensure all station events/promotions are adequately covered.
- Make daily listener calls and review daily listener emails.
- Speak to pastors and churches, in planning promotional activities.
- Work with our national rep firm and local sales teams on implementing any local station promotions they sell and providing summary recaps.
This isn’t a 9 to 5 job and it routinely includes weekends including Sunday mornings. But simply put, it's your opportunity to build a rewarding career as part of our all-star team!
This position requires tons of passion for the programming of 94FM the Fish, outstanding follow-through, fantastic people skills and strong writing skills. This position does not lead to an on-air radio position and we are looking for an experienced promotions
person with strong ties to the radio industry. Established business relationships in middle Tennessee are very helpful.
94 FM The Fish is a subsidiary of Salem Media Group (Nasdaq: SALM; www.salem.cc), America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and
conservative values. Salem Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you find this type of work exciting then you’re ready for the next step in our selection process.
Please visit the Salem website at www.salemmedia.com Click on Careers / Search Open Jobs / Nashville and apply online with a resume and cover letter.