Status: Full-time Salaried, Exempt Position with benefits
Reports To: Cindy Hicks, Director of Strategic Partnerships
Workplace: From Home / California based
Start date: August, 2016
Job Summary: Kids Alive International is seeking an individual to join our team of development staff, dedicated to rescuing children in need around the world. As a part of the Strategic Partnerships team at Kids Alive International, our Regional Representatives are responsible for advancing the mission of Kids Alive by building and maintaining donor relationships with a goal of increased funding and engagement.
The Regional Representative will be responsible for the overall partnership strategy for 125+ individuals, churches and businesses within California, Arizona, Oregon, Washington & Nevada. This includes face to face visits as well as a developing personal communication strategies, tailored to each donor’s relationship with Kids Alive.
- The Regional Representative will be expected to spend 50% of his/her time maintaining and growing current donor relationships on behalf of Kids Alive through phone calls, letters, e-mail, and personal visits, developing customized proposals and report-backs as needed.
- The Regional Representative will spend approximately 25% of his/her time representing the ministries of Kids Alive in a local church setting. Applicants should be comfortable presenting opportunities such as child sponsorship or service teams to large groups.
- The Regional Representative will spend 25% of his/her time developing and tracking moves management activities in collaboration with other development staff and key field staff. The Representative will seek to actively build their personal portfolio of donors within a given territory through strong research methods as well as close coordination with our Rising Partners team.
- The ideal candidate will be located in California and be willing to travel extensively with occasional overnight and international travel.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any or all of the following:
- Successfully manage a caseload of 125+ Strategic Partner contacts: Build personal relationships on behalf of Kids Alive while meeting specific, measurable performance goals.
- Acknowledgement / Report Back: Compose, prepare, mail or present personalized gift-acknowledgement letters, note cards and reports.
- Activities Management: Promptly track and enter all engagement activities into our Donor Direct CRM database. Respond to automated tasks related to donor activity.
- Moves Management: Develop individual donor strategies based on interests and engagement levels with an eye toward increased involvement.
- Customized Appeals & Special Project Proposals: Develop customized appeals & proposals per the moves management strategy.
- In-Person Visits and Presentations: Visit individuals, churches and businesses for the purpose of furthering relationships on behalf of Kids Alive. Represent the organization at special events, mission conferences and small group gatherings.
- Identify Future Strategic Partner Prospects: Identify and respond to donors who demonstrate a propensity and a capacity for greater financial partnership.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Demonstrate a passion for connecting with supporters of Kids Alive through a variety of methods
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with in-office and overseas staff
- Knowledge of MS Database Software, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Must demonstrate the ability to make good decisions independently
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal Regional Representative will possess:
- Must be a practicing Christian who is able to provide testimony to a personal faith in Jesus Christ and who agrees fully with Kids Alive International’s long-standing Statement of Faith (please view this at: www.kidsalive.org/meet-kids-alive/about/what-we-believe/
- In full agreement with the driving mission/vision/core values of Kids Alive International please view this at: www.kidsalive.org/meet-kids-alive/about/
- Motivation to see vulnerable children from around the world rescued from lives of hopelessness and poverty and nurtured physically, emotionally, educationally, spiritually and socially to become productive citizens in their home nations
- Possess a bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of related work experience in a non-profit fundraising environment
- Previous experience as a major gifts officer or in an individual relationship driven role is strongly preferred
- Must possess an entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrating the ability to achieve goals with minimal supervision
- Person of integrity who can present strong character and employment references and pass a criminal background search
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Kids Alive International
Kids Alive International is a Christ-centered organization that believes every child deserves to live free from the bondage of hunger, abuse, and exploitation. Our commitment to this Biblical truth compels us to deliver life’s essentials and with the same compassion and excellence that we would want for the children in our lives. We rescue and provide for orphaned and forgotten children one at a time, but we accomplish so much more. Together, we empower families and communities by developing partnerships and sharing the fait More...