Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural
disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for aCyber Security
Analyst in our Information Technology Department.
Description of Job duties:
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and exploits in support of security enhancement and development efforts and emerging security alerts and issues.
- Perform security improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases and assist in the management and maintenance of all security systems and their corresponding or associated software.
- Work with GSOC (Global Security Operations Center) on ministry-wide issues involving security-related concerns, and liaison with Security Administrator on all correlated issues.
- Perform internal and external penetration testing on ministry related assets.
- Work with the ICT Team to secure ministry assets located abroad.
- Monitor server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution.
- Works with the Security Administrator and coordinates with the efforts of the GSOC to bolster the digital security profile of Samaritan’s Purse. Available to provide on-call support as needed by management
to fulfill the department Service Level Agreement and Internal Operating Procedures.
- Four-year college or university program certificate; and five to seven years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information
and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Application development experience preferred with an understanding of application programming languages, application servers, web services, browser technology, common vulnerabilities, and security best practices.